Glitter on inside on candle..(?)

leisa2003

I want sparkly candles!!

Me too! Love them.

I'm thinking the glitter stuff from AH/RE would be safe. I did use it on a few pillars last year and it does not burn. The candle will only burn up to the glitter and then they put themself out. I actually put too much on the top of one pillar and it wouldn't even keep burning. Just going up the sides caused it to burn really nice leaving a thin shell that was so pretty as it burned.

I am whatever is the polar opposite of liking glitter.

I agree with Billie!

Look at the red container on the left. See the brush marks? I say they used some sort of flame safe adhesive and then coated with glitter, let dry and poured or mixed the glitter into same material and brushed it on.

I am whatever is the polar opposite of liking glitter.

I agree with Billie!

Look at the red container on the left. See the brush marks? I say they used some sort of flame safe adhesive and then coated with glitter, let dry and poured or mixed the glitter into same material and brushed it on.

I agree I think its brushed on,..on the glass inside the container.

ETS: Billy, is Modge Podge flame resistant?

Edited by leisa2003

I agree I think its brushed on,..on the glass inside the container.

ETS: Billy, is Modge Podge flame resistant?

I'm not sure but can tell you that is how I put the AH/RE glitter on the pillars and it did not burn.

ETA: Oh geeze...I'm sorry. Didn't see that was directed at another person :tiptoe:

Edited by jeanie353

I have looked into this before. I believe they coat the glass with a substance (possibly Modge Podge) and then they sprinkle the glitter inside and move it around well to coat all areas and then shake out the glitter that did not stick. I asked a gal at Michaels if Modge Podge was not flammable but we could not tell on the bottle. She did not know. I have seen some of those after a complete burn...wax is gone...and the sides are not as attractive as the candle burns down....looked as if the sparkles can melt off and slide down. It is very pretty when new and for part of life of the candle. I have used glitter on the tops of my candles many times, but prefer it only on uncolored wax and diamond glitter...crystal..no color. I do like the look of the colored glitter on these candles on the sides when new.

Edited by Holly

These look like it's on the inside of the glass to me too.

I mix glitter or food coloring with mod podge and paint on the outside of the glass.

Lin, you have done the modge podge and food coloring on the outside of the jar and does it kinda give it a stained glass look?

ETS: I did a search on modge podge outside of a candle and this lady rolls her cups, jars etc.. in colored sugar/salt,..it looks cool.

http://www.crunchybetty.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/ecuse1-550x393.jpg

Edited by leisa2003

Yes it does look a little like stained glass. The one I post above, I used a small paint brush. Now I use cosmetic wedges. I look for the least messiest way of getting something done.

The glitter mixed with the modge podge...I put it on in a couple thick layers or light layers. Depends on what kind of mood I'm in that day.

Yes it does look a little like stained glass. The one I post above, I used a small paint brush. Now I use cosmetic wedges. I look for the least messiest way of getting something done.

The glitter mixed with the modge podge...I put it on in a couple thick layers or light layers. Depends on what kind of mood I'm in that day.

I like that,..I am going to soon be putting my candles in a Gift Shop inside of a Glass Art Gallery and I think that would be so cool to have the jars resmble stained glass. You gave me something to play with,...thanks for the idea!!! :)

ETS: If I get famous over the candles,..I will be sure to give credit where credit is due. LOL!!!

Edited by leisa2003

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I would hate to steer someone wrong, but I have used it to seal candy tin seams and clay pots for candles and it was fine. I am not selling though so you probably should research it. I made the cutest little clay pots once and sealed the bottom with a penny and sealed the porous clay with modge podge and painted the outside and saucer with acrylics. I was new and read it somewhere so I tried it and it was really cute. I only made few though. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Trying to research this and think it might be safer on the out side of the jar....:embarasse

Edited by Billie
research