triple scented?

country bee

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I love this question. While I think it is just a ploy to make people think "theirs" is better than yours...

When asked this (or heck, any question at all), I take the chance to educate our customers... after all, an educated customer is a happy customer is a return customer :)

A few girls were ohhing and ahhing over a dipped bear I'd brought in, asking me how I'd done it ect... I tried to give a general explination.. And one girl says, " so, I could just melt my yankee candle and dip one" No matter how I tried to explain/educate they were not getting it..I finally gave up and said > no, I melt my wax from scratch and then I "triple scent" them....

Finally a light bulb went off and she was like > " ohhhh, so how much are they?" lol....So the phrase did come in handy even though I cringed using it...lol

Edited by Ivy

• 2 weeks later...

I say Triple scented, whatever, and I'll continue to market it that way as long as I'm up against imported under-scented and candles. Sales pitches are sales pitches, same deal with soy propaganda and all natural essential oils like fruit loops and such.

At the end of the day 99% of the customer base does not care in the least. Proof is in the finished product and they just want a strong authentic smelling candle product. They're never as passionate as we are about all that goes into it and most don't want the science or current standards thanks to microcrystaline waxes.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest OldGlory

I have candlemaker's nose, so I'm not able to judge for myself - but have any of you compared for yourselves the tarts from the big names that are supposed to last 24 to the tarts you make? Buy a clean laundry scent or a birthday cake scent - something that you also make - and do a side by side comparison before you reach for a goal that might be a hoax. (Yes, I'm a big skeptic of claims being made about how long a scent lasts, and I really wish I could judge for myself, LOL!) Wonder how long I would have to go without fragrances to be able to smell things again?

I test my tarts against all the top brands and at the farmers market ,I buy test mine against them too.I want to know for sure That mine are better or not.So far I have not been disappointed at all.But I started that way back when and it really helped me alot.