How Much Do you Charge for Firestarters

Dolphin146

I was wondering for those of you who make firestarters. How much do you charge for one. Mine are pretty big they weigh between 2.5 and 3 ozs. I was tring to figure out a price for mine. I was thinking 2.00 for one. But maybe that is to high. A little help here please Thanks :smiley2:

I've honestly never weighed mine but they are pretty substantial. I pack extra large cup cake tins as full of cedar chips as I can, then add some wax, more chips, til full.

They weigh enough they'd hurt you if you threw it at someone LOL.

I see those for 1.00 a piece to be honest. I could probably get more, but I use waste wax from "spent" melts that I use at home, or extra from dipping pine cones or tp. ( and then there's the fact that Duraflame makes fire starters now that cost 1.00 a piece at a convenience store so you know they are marking them up really high ).

With mine I pack them with pet bedding 2 wicks and potpouri on top to make them look nice. I pack mine in a standard size cupcake pan and I also add a cupcake paper. I also use waste wax but I do run out and have to use my good wax to make them. Mine could also hurt someone If you threw it at someone LOL :)

I make them in mini muffin tins scented with cinnamon. I use sawdust for filler, scrap wax, and scrap wicks. I put 6 in a bag with a pack of matches for $1. People in my area will not pay more than that to just burn it. I'm fine with it because other than the scent I have no cost into it. Its not my main money maker, obviously, just something to add to my line. If I sold a gazillion and had to work to keep up, I'd feel differently but I usually just make a couple of huge batches at the beginning of the year.

I don't QG, but I've seen some really cute ones that had the tiny pine cones stuck in the center or on the top. The ones I made were geared toward campers, hikers, RV'ers , ect, so having the them able to stack on one another to take up less room, was more the concern than decorating them all gorgeous. I still like mine because I usually have some red wax in the scrap wax so they are almost cedar red colored, so it goes with the cedar chip color.

The great thing about these is you can make them as plain or fancy as you'd like. Do whatever you feel, there is no right way or wrong way !

post-14200-139458505484_thumb.jpgHere ya go, you'll see some of the scrap wax I had was dyed ( the ones in the back that are burgandy ) but this is what mine look like .

The other picture shows how high the flame will get in just a few seconds, and they will burn by themselves, at least 12 minutes. ( usually more , but I'm going conservative )

post-14200-139458505478_thumb.jpg

Wow- thanks BTA... Those are so cool and now the concept clicks with me!

I wish I had a real fireplace- they are both gas and probably shouldn't go there! LOL

We have a big kettle bon fire pot that we keep going during our Christmas Tree business....I would like to try that out to just experience it!

Thanks again

I use pinecones. I put a cupcake paper in a muffin tin. Place a pinecone and a wick in it. I then pour old wax in the bottom. They work great. I make them for us. I sell candles and soap and don't need anything else right now. I make cold process soap, lotion bars and soy candles. They keep me busy.