My Wix website

I have been working on my website for about 2 weeks now. I'm not planning on going full force with it until after the new year. I still need to get product pictures and scent descriptions, lots of finishing touches still to do, but I'm wondering if anyone would take a look at it and let me know what you think? I have never done anything like this, does the functionality work for a shopper? Should I list things differently? What I have put together I really do love, so please don't make me start all over!!

http://mamiller83.wix.com/scents-of-faith

I'm not able to make the warmer section come up. Maybe it takes awhile if you have product there. I'll go back & check.

No warmers doesn't appear. I'm sure you'll get everything to work the way you want. You've done well, it's so time consuming!

Edited by ChandlerWicks

I'm glad you posted your site. It's the same thing I've run in to. It's not compatible with Firefox. The fonts don't change in Firefox like they do in IE. Weebly has the same problem. Anyone know of another FREE site builder that's compatible with Firefox and IE?

I think it looks nice. One question - is that your home phone number on there? I googled it and came up with all kinds of information associated with that number including a map that shows where it is. I used my email address for my contact information because I didn't want our home number out there.

First off I have to say you have done a great job with your site! I like the colors and flow of everything so kudos to you!!

With that said tho, Wix sucks on an SEO standpoint... With it being a "flash" website, it has no SEO value what so ever... Personally if going with "free", go with either Weebly or shell out the (less than) $5 bucks a month to get basic hosting and use Wordpress or ZenCart or OpenCart... Much more functional then any free site...

Just my $0.02 :)

I'm glad you posted your site. It's the same thing I've run in to. It's not compatible with Firefox. The fonts don't change in Firefox like they do in IE. Weebly has the same problem. Anyone know of another FREE site builder that's compatible with Firefox and IE?

I use Firefox and her website looks great to me. I had no problem navigating her pages. Have you downloaded the latest version of Firefox?

I think it looks nice. One question - is that your home phone number on there? I googled it and came up with all kinds of information associated with that number including a map that shows where it is. I used my email address for my contact information because I didn't want our home number out there.

Great point! It's dangerous, especially with pics of her kids on there. I wouldn't put my name, pics of my kids, or any contact info they could use to locate me. I wouldn't use an email that could be traced to my IP address, I'd use Yahoo or something.

First off I have to say you have done a great job with your site! I like the colors and flow of everything so kudos to you!!

With that said tho, Wix sucks on an SEO standpoint... With it being a "flash" website, it has no SEO value what so ever... Personally if going with "free", go with either Weebly or shell out the (less than) $5 bucks a month to get basic hosting and use Wordpress or ZenCart or OpenCart... Much more functional then any free site...

Just my $0.02 :)

What's SEO?

The only thing I get when I google search the number is listings of condo's in another state. It's not our home number, it's a secondary number set up with Skype. My email, it's through gmail, so it shouldn't be traceable either. Yes my boys picture is on there, as it is on Facebook, twitter, as well as a few other websites. I use only firefox, and have no problems viewing the site, but it has been built on my pc, so it's probably utilizing cookies that wouldn't be on other pc's. I will have to check it out and see if it is different with the other browsers. I will check into the other site builders you mentions Eco, I'm glad I'm in no hurry to get this thing out!!

Well right off I will say I didn't read all these links simply due to I know flash websites. While yes, they do give you some control over the SEO aspect of things (such as Title, Meta Description, Meta Keywords), SEO is so much more than that now a-days. When looking at "on-page SEO" work in flash, it's just simply not seen by the crawlers (i.e. search engines). To show you this, go to your Wix site and right click on the page (usually to the right or very left to get the page and not the flash part) and select "view page source". See all that coding in there... That is what the search engines see when "crawling" your site. With flash you text on each page doesn't show up because of coding (i.e. Flash).

Now this is not to mention that being a "free" service, your website is bundled into a larger server that hosts hundreds, if not thousands of other websites. Now say a few of those are "bad" sites (i.e. spamware, viruses, flagged for inapp. content), your site being hosting with them will take a hit too on the SEO side of things...

I know this is getting deep but I myself used Wix in the past, then went to Weebly and then went to our own site hosted with GoDaddy (less than $5/month... ok so now we are at $8/month but we are hosting 5 different websites). So just trying to save someone a bit of time, frustration and in the long run... money. :)

Feel free to PM with any specific questions or post here... I'm always willing to help others :)

*PS: The Firefox, IE, Chrome thing... I've looked in each of them (all updated as of yesterday) and everything looks fine on my end.