Well it's official

After yet another disaster with Soy, my hubby and I have decided to ditch the wax with an attitude and stay with paraffin. 4630 mainly for containers and I love 1343 for pillars. You can do more with "P" it seems as someone requested a marbled soy jelly jar and after 3 hours of pure frustration, I got somewhat of a marble effect. Plus we can get paraffin cheaper where we are.... just made some marbles and chunks and it took less than an hour.

It is definitely a beast. I can do so much more with paraffin. I am the only one in my area that makes chunk and marbled candles so I am going to concentrate on those since it seems that's what people are liking.

Ugh! I just purchased soy to start with. I've made paraffin in the past years ago, but it seemed that soy is the new way to go...maybe not!

Ugh! I just purchased soy to start with. I've made paraffin in the past years ago, but it seemed that soy is the new way to go...maybe not!

Don't up and quit just because of this thread. That goes for anyone wanting to try out soy. Some people have the knack for it and it works out beautifully. (I am not one of them... but hey, I have my talents in other directions lol.) Who knows, you might have better results with it. Won't know until you try!

I am fairly new, myself, but I agree!

I have tried 6 paraffin waxes (and some mind boggling number of combinations of them) and am about to now try a soy that I will mix with paraffin myself and another that is a preblended parasoy.

The advice I got here was right. Start with one type. Learn it, love it, hate it, blend it and know it. THEN you will be in a position to introduce new things and see differences and improvements and make good judgements.