My first dipped bears

B@BlissStreet

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25117[/ATTACH]

This is the first batch of bears for me. Can anyone tell me the size cello bag I need for these? I need them big enough to allow for a big bow and hang tag. These are the 6" scraggle bears, and I also have the 7.5" and hope one size sack can do double duty. TIA

They are adorable!

I got bags for mine from NG or AH/RE, I think. It was a l-o-n-g time ago. Could of been Cierra candles. If I remember right, in the size description it said large enough for dipped critters, baskets, etc.

HTH

Oh my goodness those ARE adorable!! Oh no, now I'm thinking I should... no no no i have enough stuff!! :laugh2:

:laugh2:

They are fun to make. The only thing I didn't like was squeezing out the wax into something below that didn't splash. I used tongs to squeeze it out and just worked my way down the critter and then fluffed with a hair pick. Oh, I also dressed them ahead of time except for bows and such.

They are Beary Beary Cute...I like to sell my bears sitting on a glass dish used for candles you can usually get them at the dollar store..and I also like to add a big bow .The glass dish is used so as not to wreck peoples furniture..The fo is not good it will stain the furniture etc. I also add a tag describing on how to look after the bear,scent etc..HTH"s ......I am sure you have thought about doing these already..lol Just my 2 scents..lol

Hugs Maggie

They are Beary Beary Cute...I like to sell my bears sitting on a glass dish used for candles you can usually get them at the dollar store..and I also like to add a big bow .The glass dish is used so as not to wreck peoples furniture..The fo is not good it will stain the furniture etc. I also add a tag describing on how to look after the bear,scent etc..HTH"s ......I am sure you have thought about doing these already..lol Just my 2 scents..lol

Hugs Maggie

Thanks, Maggie. I do plan on putting the instructions on a hang tag. I think I'll do the plates on my retail bears, but skip it on the wholesale accounts.

They are adorable!

I got bags for mine from NG or AH/RE, I think. It was a l-o-n-g time ago. Could of been Cierra candles. If I remember right, in the size description it said large enough for dipped critters, baskets, etc.

HTH

Thanks, Jeanie. I'll check both places. Figures that my RE/AH order shipped this morning :)

Heya Bliss, those are adorable... And I'm right behind you..I'm waiting on my bears to arrive right now for my first time dipping lol.... I did a little checking around and Millscreek has 14x24" cello bags listed for their 7.5 bears and 10x16" bags for their 6" bears.... I ended up ordering somewhere else (that didn't have bags) but the bag size listed at millscreek came in handy.... If you find them somewhere else..I would love to know.

Heya Bliss, those are adorable... And I'm right behind you..I'm waiting on my bears to arrive right now for my first time dipping lol.... I did a little checking around and Millscreek has 14x24" cello bags listed for their 7.5 bears and 10x16" bags for their 6" bears.... I ended up ordering somewhere else (that didn't have bags) but the bag size listed at millscreek came in handy.... If you find them somewhere else..I would love to know.

Thanks so much! AH/RE had a ton of sizes, so I'll just have to place an order...just trying to see if I need any other goodies from them.

post-12201-139458504753_thumb.jpgI think I've solved the plate dilemma rather inexpensively; found clear plastic heavy duty 5.75" plates in 8 packs at the Dollar Tree. They are perfect for the 6" bears. Not sure about the bigger bears yet; haven't had time to unpack them yet.

Now to find a good deal on some holiday ribbon...:laugh2:

post-12201-139458504746_thumb.jpg

Edited by B@BlissStreet

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25212[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25213[/ATTACH]I think I've solved the plate dilemma rather inexpensively; found clear plastic heavy duty 5.75" plates in 8 packs at the Dollar Tree. They are perfect for the 6" bears. Not sure about the bigger bears yet; haven't had time to unpack them yet.

Now to find a good deal on some holiday ribbon...:laugh2:

That is exactly how I package mine :) I like to use a hole punch and poke a little sniffy hole in the back of the bag.