Pouring 16 oz FO

gls

I have the most difficult time pouring directly from the large FO bottles...I spill it everywhere.  I have looked for some type of dispenser caps but can’t find many that fit 28/400 bottle. I’ve tried using pipettes but it seems wasteful and takes forever on larger batches.  

I mainly use Fillmore, RE, And CS for FO.  I would love to hear any suggestions on how everyone else handles this.  There must be someone on the forum as messy as me! TIA.

Well....for me....I hold the 16oz bottle right over the lip of the pour pot and to start the initial pour, I quickly do a sort fast and jerky pour and hold my hand very steady and start pouring and then as I'm pouring I lift the bottle higher than the pot and continue to pour but very smooth and somewhat fast....I stink at explaining...You just have to get to your sweet spot and feel your way.  Then I always have a paper towel right next to my scale and pickup the paper towel real quick and wipe around the neck of the bottle/plastic container.  But at times I can be a slob and do have oil that has run down the entire bottle and have to wipe it clean....then of course my fingers get oil on them and I am constantly washing them.   I'll bet I didn't make one lick of sense here......

Trappeur

• Thanks 1

@Trappeur I stink at explaining... then of course my fingers get oil on them and I am constantly washing them.   I'll bet I didn't make one lick of sense here......

It's the SKUNK what's do'n it to ya... Poor Trapp all flustered and covered in FO... 

And @TallTayl YAS!!!! This is the GOLDEN secret! 

On 7/6/2018 at 2:02 PM, TallTayl said:

Hold something long and skinny across the top of the bottle opening. A straw, skewer, coffee stirrer etc.

pour down the stick. Surface tension pours the stuff neatly. 62A32EBE-AF16-4DAE-93AF-7DFB27420F06.jpeg#

My middle school science teacher would be so disappointed that I totally forgot about this experiment.  Thanks for reminding me, it works great.