Scoopable Wax

hurricanecreek15

I was wondering if any of ya'll have ever made scoopable wax? I have never made it before and love the idea of just scooping a wax from a container. I think the consistency is a bit thicker than lard or Crisco. Would love to hear some about it if you have made it. I am going to try a batch I'll keep ya'll posted about it. If it works out i'll share the recipe here. Thanks in advance!!!

30 minutes ago, hurricanecreek15 said:

I was wondering if any of ya'll have ever made scoopable wax? I have never made it before and love the idea of just scooping a wax from a container. I think the consistency is a bit thicker than lard or Crisco. Would love to hear some about it if you have made it. I am going to try a batch I'll keep ya'll posted about it. If it works out i'll share the recipe here. Thanks in advance!!!

Are you talking about just putting scoopable wax in a jar and selling for melts?

If so, I've seen it.

Trappeur

The wax you are looking for is 4627 Comfort Blend. This was is pretty identical in texture to that of Vaseline. ITS MESSY. And I can honestly say, that even after using this wax on a daily basis, I love it, but I hate it as well. If it wasnt for the extreme fragrance load i wouldnt use it. So I cannot imagine putting something like this wax that is scoopable out for sale. I personaly dont think customers would do well with the mess and cleanup. You would have to have a dedicated utensil that would only be used for this wax. Since it is soft and sticky, there is a lot of areas where you just cant get it out of the jar or tub or whatever you use to store it. So the customer may feel like they didnt get their full value vs a wax that burns evenly in a container.

Other than 4627, I dont know of another wax that can be scooped. With all that said, if you can jar it, label it and present it in a way it sells, than who am I to stop you :D

So after reading your post I had to research a bit. Turns out there are people who actually sell this lol. I never heard of it before honestly. So now I am also curious. This company calls theirs a "whipped wax"? What the heck is whipped wax and how is it processed?

http://www.tiffanycandles.com/pages/shop.html#!/Custom-Scoopables/c/11278157/offset=0&sort=normal

They are just whipping their wax from the picture.....Doesn't even appeal to me.  And like Clear Black said, that sure would be a mess.  Just scooping it out with a spoon you can tell by the pictures that wax is going to be sticking right to the spoon and is not even going to drop into your melter.

I'd get another wax.

Trappeur

I made it and it's quite messy so I never went ahead and actually sold it. Honestly I liked the squeezable wax way better, at least it wasn't so messy to work with, but I never got to the point of testing all scents and selling it.  I got both recipes on You Tube, just do a search.