Wax blending suggestions

CBeardly

20 minutes ago, CBeardly said:

It's a Mainstays warmer.

Both that I used today.

I am not very familiar with that kind. Is it a light bulb? What is the wattage?

If it is a 15watt or 20 watt light bulb type warmer it might just not get warm enough for the wax/FO combo to throw well.

have you tried just adding a little of the FO to the warmer to see if it throws alone? Then add a little oil and see if it throws... 

2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I am not very familiar with that kind. Is it a light bulb? What is the wattage?

If it is a 15watt or 20 watt light bulb type warmer it might just not get warm enough for the wax/FO combo to throw well.

have you tried just adding a little of the FO to the warmer to see if it throws alone? Then add a little oil and see if it throws... 

They're 24 watt hot plate warmers. What kind of oil? When I use FO in warmers I usually add a tiny bit of FCO to offset the burnt smell that tends to occur after a while.

Ah. 24 watt plates should be plenty warm to throw fragrance easily. So something else is not in balance then. 

Do do they throw just you FO, maybe a few drops. It would not last long, likely to burn depending on that fragrance. This is just to see if the FO performs. 

I too use FCO to test the ability to work with another ingredient. 50:50 mix is what I start with. You could also try plain salt to keep the FO from burning. The goal is just to see if the FO performs at this step. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would check your FO's aren't bad.

Other than that... Id check your adding them at good temps (not over 185) but not too cool either or they wont blend. 

All the waxes you use shoudl have ZERO problems with HT. Id check on your process a bit and make sure you are following manufacture recommendations.

If still having issues... maybe have someone else test? Sometimes I think mine aren't smelling.. btu its just me being around FOs too much. Then others tell me they are quite strong. ha.