FO that you add to ALL your wax?

dawnmichelle

In reading through the many many MANY posts here  (I LOVE this group!) Ive noticed ALOT of people mentioning certain FOs that they use a lil of in ALL their waxes....Whats everyone favorite FO/supplier that you put a lil oif in all your wax?  :yay:

I think you're asking what fo can you use in container, pillar, votive, palm wax?  If that's the case, any fo.

Ohhh, now that I re-read it, that makes more sense. 

If that's the case, then as kandlekrazy said, yes, any candle safe FO can be used in any wax. However, just because it can be used, doesn't necessarily mean it will work well. 

Almost every scent I've ever used in my paraffin blends have worked great. I don't use soy, but have heard that wax is a little more picky, and not ever scent works great in it. 

Also, now that I'm heavy into bath and body products, I (usually) only buy skin safe FO's so they can be used in all applications. 

HTH

• Like 1

And to answer your other question, my favorite FO suppliers are Peak and Nature's Garden. However, there are so many GREAT fragrance suppliers out there, it's always worth it to get samples from different places (even of the same scent to compare) 

Before you know it, you will have hundreds of FO's. LOL (ask me how I know -  :P )

• Like 2

And to answer your other question, my favorite FO suppliers are Peak and Nature's Garden. However, there are so many GREAT fragrance suppliers out there, it's always worth it to get samples from different places (even of the same scent to compare) 

Before you know it, you will have hundreds of FO's. LOL (ask me how I know -  :P )

How do you know? ;)  Also, what do you do with all the empty bottles? can they be recycled?

Sample 1ozers I toss. Its the 4,8, and 16oz bottles I recycle. Now that I like to mix my own blends they come in handy. A simple warm soapy water bath works. If the fragrance still lingers then a little vinegar rinse does the trick. Then I have new bottles to mix away! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I should have explained better...lol...I have read quite a few comments where some add a certain (favorite) FO to ALL their blends...I guess giving their wax a "signature" scent....like, sometimes when you smell a wax you KNOW which vendor it came from.  Ive never done this before so thats why I was confused...like, if I added a few drops lets say "lavender" to every blend I make, I just dont think it would always smell so great....So, Id be scared to do that....So, I just had to ask, do people really do this? 

Hope that explains my question better...lol!  Im terrible at explaining...  :huh:

• 3 weeks later...