Wicking Dollar Store Status Jars 6006

I am wondering if you all could help me. I'm trying to wick RE (KY's) Christmas Past with 6006 and a 51C. I'm on the 4th burn. Still no full mp and the wick is just crazy dancing all over. I trim before each burn. I have eco's and cd's also. Any suggestions please. Also, I poured the 10oz walmart Emma jars with the same wax, fo and wick and it's behaving much better.

Julia with that size diameter how many burns would it take to get a full mp. I tend to wick a little hotter than most here on the board. I like to see a full mp by the 3 rd burn. Ty :)

When I test, I don't let the first burn go longer than the diameter of the candle. So, a 3 inch diameter jar wouldn't go longer than 3 hours.  I usually achieve full mp on my second burn. If I've wicked up for a particularly "heavy" oil, I may have full mp by the end of the first test burn.

6006 I have never used but from what I have read it's very similar to clarus 3022

Try the CDN series or the premier series wick

With a 3" diameter I would start with the CDN 10 and see how it turns out

Premiers I have not done much testing with but plan to from what I have read about them and parasoy so I can't help on where to start with those - but from my experience with soy....cotton wicks are only good for big balls! Lol

• Like 1

When I test, I don't let the first burn go longer than the diameter of the candle. So, a 3 inch diameter jar wouldn't go longer than 3 hours.  I usually achieve full mp on my second burn. If I've wicked up for a particularly "heavy" oil, I may have full mp by the end of the first test burn.

Thank you Julia! I will try and get these poured this weekend! It's been so busy with just family and visiting! ugh! I def like the full MP by the second burn also! :)

6006 I have never used but from what I have read it's very similar to clarus 3022

Try the CDN series or the premier series wick

With a 3" diameter I would start with the CDN 10 and see how it turns out

Premiers I have not done much testing with but plan to from what I have read about them and parasoy so I can't help on where to start with those - but from my experience with soy....cotton wicks are only good for big balls! Lol

TY Moonshine!! I'm going to get the CD's going this weekend and also tweek the 6006 and try cottons again. I hate this rushing whew! I know nothing about the premiers. Maybe try them someday! I've heard good things! :)

Let us know I use 6006 and this jar I use zinc wicks. So far I am test 60z and 51z for this jar. I don't dye my candles and I use 8% for most of my scents. So far so good for me. I do t get a full mp after 1burn but it's good

Here is the status jar. Been tweaking and this is 6006 with a little soy.

Here is a pic after the 5th burn 3-4 hours each. 51C wick. Still not quite

A full mp. But there is still some soot in the wax. I trim after each burn.

post-289-0-85889500-1417563536_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well, I have to put these jars on the back burner for awhile. They are horrible to wick. I'm getting everything from it taking 5-6 full burns to get a full mp to

a crazy out of control bon fire from the Same wick down toward the last couple of inches of the jar. Yes, I trim to a nub lol I'm done, plus I'm almost out of 6006. On to testing

464 in the sq masons and eco's. I can say the 12's are too big for sure so far. 10's are okay so far.

Guest OldGlory

Don't feel bad. I tested the poo out of my pillars and premier wicks. Everything was great until Monday. I lit a pillar I'd burned a few times and it was like a torch. I have tested these wicks endlessly, and then that happened. Back to zincs for my pillars. At least they are predictable. Maybe I got one bad wick - stuff happens, right?

Yes, I do believe there are some dud wicks. I use lx wicks for my paraffin pillars and love the combo. I use straight wax as I adore mottled rustic pillars.

I'm happy with them and don't test them anymore lol. I just can't go there. ;) Back in the day I used zincs for everything, containers, votives, pillars, ect.

I don't have one zinc in my house, but with all of the talk about them again. I may try and find some in the classifieds. lol :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Oceangazer1

How are you going with your 3" jars?

I thought I'd mention that I dbl wicked a similar jar with 2 x ECO .75's

They seem to work rather well in that test, though I didn't continue to use 6006 after that so I can't speak for the consistency in results; it may be a starting point for you?

I also single wick a similar jar (but taller) using 4627;  I wick between CDN 6 and 12 depending on the fragrance.