First time making M&P!

FaithfulScenter

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work BUT I'm not near as experienced as most of the guys and gals are with MP.

I made some OMH soap back in Feb and used even more goodies in it than that ( shea, jojoba, goats milk, cocoa and a little liquid soap for added kick) and it is holding up very well. That was even after I had to re-batch it. I was afraid the oatmeal would "cook" and become mushy with the reheating of the base but it held up find and is a wonderful soap.

There's a thread in the MP section with AMAZING receipies if you want to check it out.

The great thing about MP.... it takes REAL talent to screw it up LOL so I think you're safe !

What kind of oatmeal are you using? I used steelcut oats & even with grinding, the soap was too rough to use. Except for mechanics & gardeners. I must have real talent then!!!:laugh2:

If you soak it overnight it will soften up and you'll get oatmeal milk in the soaking container to toss in if you want. I'd drop like 1/2 tsp pieces or gobs into the m&p and really load up the soap. No scratchies at all.

ETA: This was only using QO Old Fashioned Oatmeal. Didn't try the other types that cook faster.

Edited by jeanie353

Too much oatmeal IMHO. I use 1 tbl pp of oils in cp and its too much for that type of soap. You use collodial oatmeal or oat flour. I've had good luck with using old fashioned oatmeal in a coffee grinder and get a very fine flour out of it. I would look at the recommended % of fo for mp before using a tbs pp of base and you use 92% alcohol, which you can find at wally world not regular rubbing alcohol. You might look for a fine mist spritzer, I have a regular mister and its a little heavy handed for the job. HTH

Steve

• 2 weeks later...