Change name? No name?

Georgia

I'm just a crafter, but I have a "biz" name on my labels. My name is Scintillating Scents. I make pillars, ornies and clamshell melties. Several times recently I have been confused with Scentsy. I politely tell people I am not "them" but make all my own products. I'm wondering if it is the clamshell, the name, or a combination. I was thinking about changing my name but, oh, the headache of relabeling everything...ugh.

Does anyone else with clamshells get confused with them?

Anyone have opinions on changing my name? I have had the name for almost 10 years but I only do a few craft shows in the fall. My "following" is pretty small - not nonexistent - but small.

I agree. I did one show at my corporation but otherwise make for myself and give melts as gifts.

The show drew 3,000 people. MANY people came up and said, "Oh, look, she made those scentsy things". My label says Lake Providence Lodge and underneath that says scented wax melts so I KNOW that they are not confusing me with actually being Scentsy.

I think people attribute a thing to a name. It may be a Puffs brand tissue but I still say, "Do you need a Kleenex?".

I agree. I did one show at my corporation but otherwise make for myself and give melts as gifts.

The show drew 3,000 people. MANY people came up and said, "Oh, look, she made those scentsy things". My label says Lake Providence Lodge and underneath that says scented wax melts so I KNOW that they are not confusing me with actually being Scentsy.

I think people attribute a thing to a name. It may be a Puffs brand tissue but I still say, "Do you need a Kleenex?".

Same here. Lots of people knew I wasn't Sc**tsy. Clearly because my banner and labels say my business name but most people referred to my clamshells to a friend as "you know Sc**tsy". Thank goodness for sc**tsy because people were going crazy for them :-)

BTW- don't change your biz name. I really like it.

Keep the name. The general public doesn't know what it's looking at anyway. My round labels have my business name in circular print with the scent name in big bold letters more or less in the center, horizontal. People gaze at the label trying to figure out what scent it is, then ask me what Sunshine Wax Works smells like.

People also ignore prices. My labels used to have the price right under the scent name. People look and look, then hold it up and ask how much they cost.

DOH!

16oztinborderoptim.jpg

Thanks for the replies! I'm rather fond of the name and I'm glad that they aren't just confusing my name.

oh, and I know the public is a bit confused. I had one lady smell the burners I had on display.:confused: And TWICE ladies made a comment about "that candle store in the mall"...I said Yank-me and they both said YES! :laugh2: