Candle Room Time

Just wondering how much time you spend in your candle room this time of year? Seems like I'm living in mine lately but just not getting anything done. I hate that! I know I'm in there 5-6 hours everyday.

Too much here too. I had to make it a combined candle/computer/office room so its not totally candles but I am down here a lot.

My "candle room" is my kitchen island, so I spend a ton of time there. Unfortunately it is not usually spent making tarts, but instead cooking dinner, organizing kids homework, going through backpacks, putting away groceries and whatever else lands on the island. I wish I had a room dedicated to my obsession.

My "candle room" is my kitchen island, so I spend a ton of time there. Unfortunately it is not usually spent making tarts, but instead cooking dinner, organizing kids homework, going through backpacks, putting away groceries and whatever else lands on the island. I wish I had a room dedicated to my obsession.

I know this feeling too, my kitchen used to be my candle room also. It's a real bummer! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that a candle room is in your future:0)

I have been researching and waiting on shipments, so for the past week I have not poured not 1 thing!! My wax is supposed to be here today, so I'll be back at it tomorrow, and probably will be in there (my kitchen) for the entire day. When I'm not pouring candles, I will be cooking, baking, making menu's, putting the finishing touches on this weekends Fall Festival and working on some lesson plans for my Wednesday night class at church. Everything takes place around the kitchen table :)

....... What David said LOL!

I could be in the shop last year, anywhere from 5 to 10 ( yea I know I said 10 lol ) days a week , anywhere from 8 to 12 hours or more.

But to put that in perspective, I have a grown son living with me so I didnt have to go cook on a regular basis because he did ( we switched roles when season came around )

I also had no other job, and was a one woman operation out there ( He did all the labeling, packing, yadda yadda )

That 8 to 12 hours was broken down into testing, making final product, taking small breaks while something set up and got ready for the next step, and it did include some computer time for research.

Edit : One thing I forgot to say. About the seriously long hours in the shop... You have to understand, with my back, it can "go" at any time, so I'd make up huge amounts of products at a time, ( I'm talking 150 different scents, 6 to 12 clams for each, 20 bears, 100 or more TPs, 100 floral tps, 10 gallons of lotion, 10 loaves of MP and also about 100 individually designed single mps in different shapes/scents than the loaves... all that kinda jazz... ) and I didn't have to go out there and do that sort of volume again, but maybe 3 times a year. I'd make up small orders to complete the inventory I already had)

I was very blessed to not have all the things you guys have to deal with while working ( your outside home work, inside home work , small kids, husbands, pets, etc )

This year when I start back up, I'll be in KIND of the same position because my son and husband can look after my mother, shes about to have a heart attack wanting to help ( she's 71 and in tons better shape that I am) and I'm in the process now of getting this huge metal storage building cleaned out so I can be outside in it, and not have to mess up the house.

All of you who do it on the kitchen table or in a bedroom.. you have NO idea how much I admire you. I make WAYYYY too much mess and I have so much stuff for my TP floral arrangements and other things I do , there's no way I could do it in the house and even see the floor LOL.

Edited by blacktieaffair

I am planning on getting out in the candle cave at about dawn tomorrow morning!!! I will be out there the whole weekend......ahhhhhhh ...love this time of year!!! :yay: I just wish I could retire and do this full time!!! :grin2:

Edited by puma52