Curses!

Bah! ya know, when you go to the store and buy an innocent looking digital thermometer that appears to fit your needs, then when you open it, you find out the battery is dead.

So after trekking around to find the right sized battery, you get all excited to make your first batch of tarts!

But alas, the imported product from a far away land, refuses to work. It shows 3 L's on the screen, even after several minutes in boiling water, it still will not register a temp.

So I have a half melted batch of wax in my pour container and can't pour it :(

CURSES YOU PESKY THERMOMETER!!:mad::mad::mad:

Then hit up your nearest grocery store or dollar store & grab a cheap candy thermometer :)

I'm taking this cheap imported POS back and going to get an old fashioned candy thermometer. I wanted something that was easier to read but it looks like the old tried n true candy thermometer's are gonna be the way to go...

I have one like this and love it.

I get distracted and forget to check the temps in the melters sometimes (well every day). This one can be set to beeeeeeeep when I'm at the bottom of a desired temp range. The timer is handy too.

Wow - that does look handy - and reasonably priced too!

I have one like this and love it.

I get distracted and forget to check the temps in the melters sometimes (well every day). This one can be set to beeeeeeeep when I'm at the bottom of a desired temp range. The timer is handy too.

Thats the one i originally wanted, but they are like 40$ here.. i found a regular candy one from hobby lobby for 4$ so going to give this one a shot!