What dye is everyone using?

Ive been using reddig-glo dye chips for a while not bt I'm thinking about switching to liquid. Any advice? Right now dye chips are simple. Toss one in your good to go lol but I know with the liquid you can make a variety of colors and the shade you want.

Which one do you use and why?

Oh and I'm using these in GB415 soy jar candles and starburst palm for clamshells and pillars.

I use both. The chips are easier and the results much more consistent but the liquid is less expensive to use. Hard to get a "half" drop of liquid tho. I usually use the drops for simple colors cuz i'm not that good at mixing..if i want 'mauve' i will use a mauve chip

I prefer chips, just because I make a freaking, bloody mess with the liquid :(

:laugh2::laugh2: I can relate!! But, I still use it 95% of the time over chips.

OP - if you get liquids, get some Goo Gone. It will take liquid dye off your skin and just about anything else you accidentally get it on.

Hi!

Well when I first started out I didn't know how messy liquid dye could be so I didn't pay much attention and got a little dot on the side of my hand and it got all over EVERYTHING. It was a nightmare it was on the doors and all over the kitchen (luckily I got it all off) LOL. After that I payed attention and am really careful and haven't had any major incidents yet. After I use it I take a little piece of paper towel and make sure I get anything off that may have leaked on it. I would love to use dye chips but I tried some from Aztec and it would not color the wax. I'm not sure why or what happened but I tried three different colors and it did nothing. I now have three bags that will never get used. I will say that their red liquid dye does not turn red in soy wax it's not such a big deal for me though it's definitely a medium pink.