Anyone patient enough to answer why there is a Bittercreek North AND South?

justajesuschick

First I thought they were competing companies but clearly they are "affiliates" as shown when I go to BCN's site.

Guessing someone bought someone, perhaps.

I have searched and I know this has to have been discussed. I could not find anything how I searched.

Can you tell me the story? Seems I see BCN more frequently mentioned here.

I am placing orders with "new to me" suppliers since I was ordering from the same handful of suppliers over and over. Deciding whether to add one or both of these to my ordering plan.

Thanks!

I use oils from both places. Sissy's Sugar Cookie is one of them along with some others. I usually order from BCS because they do carry some oils from BCN that I use. That way I can get most of my stuff from one place. Sometimes I do have to order from BCN. I would suggest looking at the scents you are interest in from BCN and see if they carry them at BCS.

Well now you have to tell us which scents you ordered, LOL.... I order a few from BCN as well. I used to order only from BCS because they carried the BCN oils that I liked but I have since added a few more favorites that only BCN carries. I wish I could find all my favorites at BCS because they are closer to me, but no such luck.

I also went ahead and ordered a couple of wax slabs from them. I am in NO rush. I will also report back shipping time to me.

I ordered the following scents:

All Hallows Eve

Cinnamon & Clove Bud

Cinnamon Stick (Wick Your Wax)

Cotton Candy

Gingerbread

Harvest Type

Honey Pear Cider

Mulled Cider (Wick Your Wax)

Perfect Pumpkin (Wick Your Wax)

Pumpkin Pie

Vanilla Spice

Vanilla Velvet™

I have only a few oils from BCN & would order more from them IF their turn around time was quicker. To NW Ohio it's always 1 full week to get supplies from them :-/

Same reason I don't order from them more often.

They are about 6-8 hours from me in the same state. They take the same or longer to get to me as Peak who is several states west of me.

CS is the fastest of the three but they are a bit closer than Peak. Both Peak and CS usually ship the same day. With BCN it takes usually 2 days to get the email that its time to go to PayPal to pay. Then another day or two to ship and finally arrives the next. If I pay by CC it is no faster. It is faster if I call in and pay for their expedited service. Not shipping but their internal expediting.

What???? Internal Expedited???? LMAO! Sorry Jeanie, that's just, I don't have a word for this.

Same reason I don't order from them more often.

They are about 6-8 hours from me in the same state. They take the same or longer to get to me as Peak who is several states west of me.

CS is the fastest of the three but they are a bit closer than Peak. Both Peak and CS usually ship the same day. With BCN it takes usually 2 days to get the email that its time to go to PayPal to pay. Then another day or two to ship and finally arrives the next. If I pay by CC it is no faster. It is faster if I call in and pay for their expedited service. Not shipping but their internal expediting.

Are you kidding? I learn even more here when the topics I ask about take a slight turn. I actually appreciate it!

I was duly warned about the wait. Ordering now when I do not plan to make anything new for a few weeks. I would guess I am seriously the "back of the line". haha!

I have gotten awfully spoiled with suppliers who deliver 2-4 days after I order.

I have heard about that "fee" , and personally, I have a huge problem with that whole set up.

While I do see the merits of being able to get your order faster, ponder this.

You make an order, it comes in at a time where there is a lot of orders coming in. Big and small.

Someone ( quite a few ) are in fast need of their supplies and pay that fee.

But because YOU didn't pay it, those 20 or so that paid it , get kicked up ahead of you even though your order actually came in at the same time or even before theirs.

Your order now is kicked back, it's a Thursday, they don't get it all filled Friday or whatever day, you have two days before they are open again , then comes Monday, they're still shipping out the "fee paid" expediated orders, so it's Tuesday before yours gets filled (if then) , then it takes 5 or so days in shipping.

I do realize that the above scenario could be somewhat far fetched, but considering their normal "fill "time, then shipping time, what I said up there could very easily happen,... and I personally just don't like that idea.