Melt and Pour leaving a white film

pixie

Im sure its because of our crappy hard water here but does anyone else find that melt and pour soap leaves behind a white, chalky film on your skin after using it? I have tried the SFIC base, essentials by catalina base, Brambleberries base and life of the party base.

If I just take a shower with the soap, its fine but if I take a nice long hot bath, then without a doubt, about 20 min after I dry off, I notice this white, chalky film, especially in the lines of the palms of my hand.

My cp and hp soaps do not do this, just melt and pour.

Is this a new brand of MP you are using? Where from and when did you purchase the base and what type exactly is it ? First time using this or any MP? What did you add to it? Have you made any other MP soap out of this same batch that behaved properly?

This is all news to me. Never heard of it leaving a white film. Hope you find out what is causing it!

Last year I used AH/RE's Stephenson Ultra Clear and it was excellent low moisture soap. You could leave it out and never get a drop of moisture on it and very clear. This year I convinced myself to buy a cheaper soap from WSP, Crafters Choice Crystal Clear. It is total garbage. Not clear, not low moisture; this stuff coats itself in mositure over night and when bagged it begins to break down pretty quick. If you wrap soap to keep it from building up moisture then what will the poor customer think when they see their bar of soap all nasty on the sink? I've tried a lot of mp soaps and this one delivers the goods but its not the cheapest thing out there. The cheapest thing out there is from Columbus Foods and that still isn't as lousy as the WSP garbage. HTH

Steve

Edited by chuck_35550