Do you use or have you tried IGI 4786 for tarts/melts?

justajesuschick

Thanks!

I was using 4794 but by itself and I have used all I have.

I think I will order both 4794 and 4786 and incorporate them into my testing that includes 4625 and 4630.

Thanks again!

I've tried 4786 for tarts. Did a couple things with it. First, tried to use it as the tart wax by adding a bit softer container wax to it. For my use they were fine but a little too soft to sell. Then I blended it with 4625 and had some darn good results. I did have to pour cooler to keep from getting a dip in the metal tart molds though. Don't use clamshells anymore.

The only reason I stopped is to me the longevity was not quite as good as 4625/container blend. Just my opinion and my nose. You may get better results.

HTH & Have Fun

Edited by jeanie353
typo

I use it straight right out of the case LOL. At one time I regularly stocked over 150 scents at the same time, in melts, and out of that, there was only 5 that I had to up to 1.5 oz per pound. The rest were either less than an oz pp or at a 1:1 ratio. Not saying that EVERY fo will work, because just like with anything else, I've seen others try 4794 and it not work for what they wanted out of it, but as to me, as far as an all around, 1 stop shopping kinda wax that I can use in multiple applications, that has almost a 100% 1:1 ratio of FO to wax, and holds up to the seriously extreme southern heat, and for me has a great HT and a super CT, this was the wax I started with, and I've had nothing but success with it in melts, pine cones, fire starters, dipped animals and the multitude of dipped TPs I do.