Good Pumpkin for melts

vberkesch

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Backwoods has an excellent Pumpkin Pie. It throws well. I have not yet determined the lifespan. I find that many bakery scents do not last as long as other types of scents. You may want to give Backwood's a try. It is the Grammy's Pumpkin Pie not the Grammy's Yummy Pumpkin. I tested the Yummy Pumpkin but cannot remember if I tested it in candles and melts or one or the other. I did not add it. I should test it again, but when I tested Grammy's Pumpkin Pie when I reopened my biz, I really liked it, so I went for that one. I also like MMS Pumpkin...not sure if it is called Pumpkin Pie or Pumpkin Spice. I believe it is the same as Gold Canyon's Pumpkin Pie.

Edited by Holly

I bought a "Libby's Pumpkin Pie Filling" fragrance that was one of the truest pumpkin scents I've encountered. That's not the actual name...I don't remember. It had very mild - if any spice notes. But, I can't find or remember where I got it. Blended with a little sweet Basil fragrance and it made one of the most awesome Pumpkin scent. I search and searched trying to find the FO supplier but don't know where I got it.

Edited by rctfavr3

Wick Your Wax's Pumpkin (sold at BCN) is a straight, strong pumpkin. I mix it with Lonestar's Maple Pecan and my customers can't get enough all year round! :cool2:

That sounds like an awesome mix! So, the WYW Pumpkin does not have anything else as in the way of spice, etc....just plain? I do not order from there often, so I am wondering if I might be able to find another pumpkin for mixing from the places that I order regularly from. Not sure if the Pumpkin Pie fragrance would be the best to mix with something like Maple Pecan since it is a mixed Pumpkin as is...has other things in it...crust, some spice, etc.. Thanks!

P.S. I do not order from LS either so I wonder what would be close to the Maple Pecan at some of the places I order from. I will take a look.

Edited by Holly

I bought a "Libby's Pumpkin Pie Filling" fragrance that was one of the truest pumpkin scents I've encountered. That's not the actual name...I don't remember. It had very mild - if any spice notes. But, I can't find or remember where I got it. Blended with a little sweet Basil fragrance and it made one of the most awesome Pumpkin scent. I search and searched trying to find the FO supplier but don't know where I got it.

Could you be thinking of Pumpkin Pie Filling from ICS? To me smells just like a can of Libby's pumpkin pie filling but I believe they stopped selling it.

I love pumpkin & maple together but for this blend I use J&L pumpkin pie which is a non spicy creamy pumpkin with Vermont Maple Syrup and it smells great.

Yeah! That was it! Why did ICS get rid of it? A true ( one note) pumpkin scent is darn near impossible to find. I wish I still had some it made a great blender. I could get it duped for free if I had just an ounce. But, I don't. I remember it being fairly weak (which might have been the reason why it was discontinued) but it was the truest pumpkin fragrance I've ever used.

Edited by rctfavr3

I am not sure why they stopped. I did a search for it one day to order more and it is no longer there. I just checked again and it is still not listed. Maybe you could send them an email to see if they still have some available that you could order (then have it duped)?

On another note, they have a new pumpkin listed that I do not remember seeing on their site, Lebermuth's Pumpkin Harvest. Hmm... might be time to place another order.

I am not sure why they stopped. I did a search for it one day to order more and it is no longer there. I just checked again and it is still not listed. Maybe you could send them an email to see if they still have some available that you could order (then have it duped)?

On another note, they have a new pumpkin listed that I do not remember seeing on their site, Lebermuth's Pumpkin Harvest. Hmm... might be time to place another order.

I'll email and see what's up. They were one of the only suppliers to carry a straight Pumpkin FO without any other harvest spices.

Chris, How long will that pumpkin last in a burner?

I personally don't do melts. But, one of my customers said she turns it on when she gets home from work, shuts it off before bedtime (about 5 - 6 hours a nite) and it was going strong for a week. She keeps coming back for more so she must be happy!

Got an email back from her. She ditched it because her manufacturer wanted too much per pound. To make a profit, she'd need to sell it for $25/lb and that's just too high! :undecided

Shame, I really would like to try it again.

Edited by rctfavr3

I'm testing Butternut Pumpkin from LS in soy. It has very little spice and so far very strong. I decided to try it out because (I read in a past thread) Scented said it was wonderful and a true forgotten treasure among pumpkin scents. (those weren't here exact words but close)

Edited by jackbenimble