Let's Get to Know Each Other!

What's your name? Carrie

How old are you? 52

Where do you live? Texas

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? 10 years

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? A friend of mine took me to her cousins candle party. I purchased about 4 candles and spent $72! Holy carp! I then decided to try my hand and making candles. I ordered stuff online and my friend and I started making candles (after alot of research on the net). They came out OK. Continued to educate myself and lots of testing. Started pouring to sell in 2001. I would love to dive into soap, but just haven't yet.

Are you married? Any kids? Yes and I have two boys (28 yrs old from 1st M and 14 yr old current M).

If candle making isn't your primary job, what do you do? I make tarts/melts and have them in the local Tan Salon. I work as an Oil & Gas Accountant for an individual for the past 12 years.

Anything else we should know? I sold my candle biz Jan 2011 to two wonderful ladies in my area. I live on a ranch with 2 horses, cows and have 5 dogs (Daxter, Nugget, Caden, Checkers and Bonnie - all rescues). I love to ride 4 wheelers thru the mud and work in my yard. My 78 yr old mother lives on our property in an apt we built for her 4 years ago. My oldest son is in the Navy Reserves (did a 4 year tour 2002-2006) and works full time. He will be leaving in March 2013 on a volunteer tour to Jabuti, Africa. My youngest is a Freshman this year and plays on the HS football team. Go Tigers!

What'syour name? Joe

How old are you? 35

Where do you live? Pittsburgh, PA

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? I’ve been at thisfor about 8 years now, though there was a long hiatus in the middle there.

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? I used to makecandles as a kid as a craft with my 4-H club (colored with Crayons no less – oyI cringe thinking back to those). So, asan adult, my wife and I were walking through a craft store and saw a kit andstarted talking to reveal that SHE made melt-in-bag candles when she wasyounger. So, we got some supplies, found them to be crap, found a REALsupplier, found this board, and … well, you get the idea.

Are you married? Any kids? Married for another 4-5 weeks or so. No kids.

If candle making isn't your primary job, what do you do? I run the NorthAmerican support center for a number of applications for a software company.

Anything else we should know? My soon to be ex used our spare bedroom asher office, since she worked from home. My candle stuff was, for the last few years, sequestered in a corner ofthe kitchen, above the kitty litter – Not the best of work environments, whichis why it’s just been sitting there. So, with her gone I a) needed to dosomething with “her” room, and B) needed an (artistic?) outlet. Played withsome ideas, but kept coming back to all the supplies I still had for candlesand how much I did enjoy it way back when. After a few weeks of some research, I started putting my workshoptogether. I got some new supplies, got my old equipment dusted off, and for thepast few months have been re-testing to make sure things didn’t change “TOO”much. A few tweaks here and there, and…well, we’ll see where it ends up.

Also, I’ma metal head, but am corporate enough that no one can tell. I do miss my hair though L Noone that looks at me would think I’m a chandler, which is kind of cool in itsown right.

What's your name? James

How old are you? 28

Where do you live? Indianapolis Metro

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever? Candles, and just getting started. Doctor suggested I find a hobby to relieve my stress.

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever? Spending 200$+ a quarter at yankee for tarts tends to get a little expensive after a while. I am a huge tart warmer fan, I have two in my house! I change them out daily so I tend to go through them alot. I figured there has got to be a cheaper way to do this so I started researching. :)

Are you married? Any kids? no, and no. I'd be broke if I had either! HA! :D

If candle making isn't your primary job, what do you do? I work in a 911 center dealing with Fire and EMS related calls for service. Lets just say, it tends to be stressful.

Anything else? I tend to be OCD a bit, so while researching different vendors to get my supplies, I ended up making a spreadsheet and putting the different waxes and basic supplies in the list, then the list flagged who was the cheapest so I knew where I was getting the best deal.:rolleyes2 So ya..slightly OCD :):laugh2:

What's your name?

Jessica! :)

How old are you?

28 and starting to feel old! :shocked2:

Where do you live?

British Columbia, Canada right now. Originally from Ontario (Toronto).

How long have you been making candles/soap/whatever?

I'm 2 candle sessions in! LOL!

How did you get started making candles/soap/whatever?

I just love candles so much. I LOVE crafting. I don't want to work 'for the man', so I did some thinking, put all my loves together and this is what I came up with!

Are you married? Any kids?

I am. Been married for almost 5 years, have 2 kiddies. Quinten just turned 4 yesterday and Owen is 9 months.

If candle making isn't your primary job, what do you do?

Firstly, I am a stay at home mom and wife extraordinaire!

Secondly, I work at home for a popular App for Mac.

I would love to make a small business out of candles (and eventually other related products!) I would love, LOVE to!

Anything else we should know?

I'm a crazy craftster. I do anything creative. I'm a big knitter (yes, I'm like an old lady!) and basically anything I can find on pinterest. Pinterest is my cryptonite! (sp?)

I just got a box of candle supplies today and there's about 1800 fragrance oils. I don't know how in the world I will ever sniff them all and have even less of an idea how I will use them before they expire! :o It sure is fun opening a box like THAT though! :laugh2: