Giving Up!!! // Will PAY for help!!!

So I'm brand new to the forums and to candle making. We just made our first batch this weekend with limited success. The success was that we didn't burn the house down, the not so successful was the no scent throw and wet spots.

Anyway, this thread is really informative while being really scary for a newbie. While doing a little research after our first batch that had really no throw I was thinking about getting vybar. How does everyone feel about using vybar with soy or palm (the two waxes we plan to use)? Does it work well, is it worth it?

Keep working at it. Also, sometimes one can go through several oils before finding one or a few that give a good scent throw, especially in some soys. What soy are you using? If it is a blend already, Vybar should not be needed. I remember way back in the beginnings of my testing I tried adding Vybar to a blend and it did not seem to help the scent throw. I learned that it takes the right combination of wax, fragrance oil and wicking and jars can make a difference as well.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stiredbird,

It appears that your burned your candle right after you made it? I don't use soy, but my understanding is that soy candles must be "cured" for a few days before burning to get the best scent throw, maybe some of the soy experts will chime in. In the meantime there is tons of information available by using the "search" function, it will become your new best friend! Best of luck!

Yep, I just read in another thread as I was searching around that I will need to let soy cure for 48 hours. Live and learn!

Yep, I just read in another thread as I was searching around that I will need to let soy cure for 48 hours. Live and learn!

Lol oh yes...there will be a LOT of learning with candle making! I'd recommend letting soy candles cure for 5-7 days. I know it is ssooo hard to wait, but thats what a lot of people on here suggest. I even do that with soy blends that are mainly paraffin, just to be safe.