Looking for Kerr wide mouth 16oz jars.

pixie

Does anyone know of a supplier near chicago that carries the kerr wide mouth 16oz jars? The walmarts and dollar trees and ace hardwares all carry the ball brand but I am specifically looking for the kerr brand because one side of the jar is not embossed like the ball brand.

Thanks guys

Does anyone know of a supplier near chicago that carries the kerr wide mouth 16oz jars? The walmarts and dollar trees and ace hardwares all carry the ball brand but I am specifically looking for the kerr brand because one side of the jar is not embossed like the ball brand.

Thanks guys

True-Value Hardware carries both Ball and Kerr, and there's no shipping charge when you order cases. I think I also saw Kerr on the Sam's Club website a couple of days ago. I know I also saw Kerr jars at WalMart last week, but I didn't buy them because I wanted Ball jars. Check Walmart's website too, because you can have them shipped to your local store by the case.

These jars don't appear to be the wide mouth Kerr jars though...

http://www.dollartree.com/catalog/se...+jar& x=9&y=7

True-Value Hardware, Sam's Club, and Walmart have all kind of Kerr Jars. Walmart doesn't carry many jars in their stores, but you can order them from their online catalog and pick them up at the store.

Edited by HorsescentS

Thanks Horsescents and all others who responded. Apparently here in the midwest, getting a walmart manager to actually do something is like asking for an act of god. I tried dollar general, ace and truevalue as well as sams, they dont have them here and wont order any either. geesh..

but I appreciate you guys trying to help :P

Thanks Horsescents and all others who responded. Apparently here in the midwest, getting a walmart manager to actually do something is like asking for an act of god. I tried dollar general, ace and truevalue as well as sams, they dont have them here and wont order any either. geesh..

I order jars from True-Value Hardware, so I'm shocked that they won't order jars for you.

As far as Walmart goes, I thought the way it worked was that you order online at their website, or by calling their 800 number and you just tell them what store location you want to pick them up at.

Edited by HorsescentS

I'm sorry, I told you the wrong hardware store! I passed by the store where I order my jars and it's ACE Hardware, not True-Value. I ordered by calling the 800 number on the ACE Hardware website, then I told them what store I wanted to pick them up at. I just now searched their website to see if they have Kerr jars and this 8 oz wide mouth Kerr mason came up, so you can call them to see if they have the other sizes. http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3376864 Try all the hardware stores in your city, they will usually order year round.

I know for sure that I saw the Kerr pint masons at Walmart, though. I didn't buy them because I've been testing Ball instead. But I like the plain surface area on the Kerr jar and plan to try them soon.

Edited by HorsescentS

Here's the Walmart page of Kerr jars: http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=kerr+jars&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0 And it says on their website:

Free store pickupas soon as today

with icn_sitetostore.gif

And on this page it explains "Free in-store pickup & free shipping" http://www.walmart.com/cp/Site-to-Store/1087904?_prevTerm=site+to+store&redirect_query=site+to+store&search_redirect=true And it explains that when you shop online, you can pick up your order at your local Walmart or FedEx office with free shipping, or you can get your order delivered to your door with free shipping if your order is over $45. You can call the 800 number if you're not clear on how it works.

Thank you Horsescents. I did try to order and the website wouldnt let me, however I called the phone number on their website and that while they would not ship the jars to my local walmart, they would to one that is about 2 hours away from me.

So not what I was hoping for but at least its something. I like the idea of those jars but with other glass available locally I dont think I will get them after all.

Thank you Horsescents. I did try to order and the website wouldnt let me, however I called the phone number on their website and that while they would not ship the jars to my local walmart, they would to one that is about 2 hours away from me.

So not what I was hoping for but at least its something. I like the idea of those jars but with other glass available locally I dont think I will get them after all.

Wow! That is so weird! It says right on the website they have to ship those jars to your local Walmart or FedEx location. That's false advertising! Maybe your Walmart is just a neighborhood grocery Walmart instead of a regular Walmart?