Dipping Tapers

JanetsCandles

Is exhausting, but so worth it. I remember someone had posted about dipping tapers a week or two ago. Thought I'd show pictures of my system. We made the racks and the "turnstile" that I use for dipping.

post-13471-139458502422_thumb.jpg

The bigger ones are obviously "finished" tapers (before I cut them off the racks and finish cooling them). I'll be fluting them before I deliver them. I've got 3 other colors to do as well.

post-13471-139458502417_thumb.jpg

Somewhere between 2 and 3 hours, usually. I'm doing it a bit quicker out in the garage than I did here in the kitchen. But then, in the kitchen, the dipping vat is so tall that I had to use a step stool to reach.

The pictures were taken almost 2 hours apart. Had to go look the times up from FB where I uploaded them.

Edited by JanetsCandles

Just did another set tonight, this one green. Two more colors to go! Whee!

I love the look of these, but oi they seem to take forever to make LOL. Tonight it didn't help that my hot plate decided to give up on me tonight. Luckily the other burner still worked, but I almost had to pull out the heat gun to keep it going!