Frosting not our problem(am I right)

LynnS

Would you agree?How would you handle it.No returns I'm sure.

I made a mistake and told a customer I would replace them.She re-sold at a show and they frosted.The candles were fine when they arrived etc.She Loved them. I made a mistake and was to nice.She sent maybe 8 back and now says more of course.

LynnS

Lyn - If you told her you would replace them for frosting, then you have to replace them. After she returns them let her know that soy is known to frost but does not effect the burn. Tell her that your other customers like the "rustic"/"handmade" appearance of the wax. Tell her that you cannot replace them for frosting anymore as there is nothing wrong with the candles. Mention that you do not use extra additives in your SOY wax.

Faithful - That is a great idea! I forget sometimes that there are still people who do not have experience with soy candles.

Have to agree with NaturallyTru....I had a similar situation but now I let them know upfront that it's possible and they are not returnable. You can't control the temperatures in stores. If they are concerned then tell them to order them undyed. I find the smaller jars are more susceptible so I recommend undyed with those. I also explain about not adding additives and/or paraffin and also compare soy wax to chocolate and the way it can get a white film due to temp variations. HTH

blt212 Funny you mentioned to offer them white/natural.I did for my customer since she wanted to buy more at wholesale.She wanted to stay with color no matter what. Wasn't changing. Recently she wanted to buy more candles. That's fizzled since she can't get them for almost $2.00 less and can't find a email where I quoted her that.That's because I didn't quote or email that to her.

I think I remember telling her about the heat before she had her show.She said she had it down pat.A tarp, and wouldn't leave the candles in the hot car.But a week after the show I get a email where she said they faded.

LynnS