Sticking to sides of mold

msalex28a

The soap itself stuck? Or the sides did?

I've been getting plastic sheeting (the kind painters use for a drop cloth) .7 mil thick to line the inside of my wooden mold, then put the actual liners in. Makes sure no moisture seeps into the wood, and gives me a very nice "lifter" type thing to work with.

Probably not. If it sticks with that kind of liner (unless you got the temps up high enough to melt the plastic), chances are good that the soap leaked down inbetween the cracks of the liner (where the parts come together). Did you tape it? (That said, I've had the soap attack the adhesive of the tape, too.)

Maybe the vacuum. None of the tape was twisted and the liner was still fine. When I used freezer paper before it didn't do that. So it must be the liner. I was trying for an easier way to get straight edges and easier lining. Once I cut off the edges they were smooth and looked great. But back to my freezer paper I go. Thanks for your help.

When I use my wooden loaf mold I just make a liner from the freezer paper, shiny side in.

This works great for my hot process, however it leaks a bit with cold process and the edges oozes, but it has never stuck to the mold. I make sure I have a lot of paper over the top to pull it up and out of the mold.

You can take a long, thin knife and run it along the edge to loosen as well. And, even try oiling the wood lightly with mineral oil or veg oil. Just with a paper towel, like a cake pan. The wood will absorb the oil and it may help with sticking.