Time to move my workroom, what do you think?

Hi everyone, I new to this site but not to candlemaking. I used to use gel wax but switched to soy in January of this year. I am having alot of trouble with frosting. I have tried just about everything I can think of ( heating temps, pouring temps, heating or not heating jars) and still about half of my candles have frost, out of the same batch. Everything else is great. I live in Georgia and because of the heat and humidity the air conditioner is always running. Has anyone else had to switch their work area? Would a room without an air conditioner help? I'd really like your advice before I move all my supplies.

Even if your candles appear perfect after pouring..they can still frost with a temperature change or even certain FO's will do it more than others too after a day or two.

Ecosoya CB xel is supposed to be frost resistant and claims to combat all the typical issues of soys..

I don't know...never tried..it.. LOL..

Some people use a small mix of paraffin in their soy to stabilize the blend and prevent frosting.

I prefer to avoid paraffin because soy is so much easier to clean up. I actually think the frosting make each candle unique and is pretty; happily, my customers think so as well. We tend to agree that it is easy to ID a soy candle because of the frosting. Just my two cents' on the subject.

You can reduce the chance of frosting by tempering the wax and adding USA or go colorless. There are too many variables that can contribute to frosting issues and imo, moving your work area probably wont help as much as you'd like it to.

The above posts are both correct, CBExcel and C3 tend to not frost as much as other soys and adding paraffin also would help. BUT if you have your system down and like everything else about the wax you're using now, consider going colorless...in the right container they look classy.

Well, I poured 4 candles yesterday and cooled them in a different area, I also reduced my jar heating time. 22 hours in, so far so good. They were supposed to be in a shop this weekend so I'm hoping this does it.

unfortunately like someone above said, temp shifts can bring the frost out. so while soy candles might be fine at home - once you get them into your hot (or chilly - love AC) car and then to the shop which has its own temp shifts all sorts of things can happen. i no longer color my candles.

glad you found something that works - hope it stays working!