Bittercreek shipping $$

Sndfrddy

wow. I buy my wax from candlescience. Out of curiosity I checked to see what shipping would be out of bittercreek north out of ashland WI. It cost nearly twice as much of of bittercreek for shipping! I live in wisconsin. Now I remember why I didn't buy my wax there.

wow. I buy my wax from candlescience. Out of curiosity I checked to see what shipping would be out of bittercreek north out of ashland WI. It cost nearly twice as much of of bittercreek for shipping! I live in wisconsin. Now I remember why I didn't buy my wax there.

Sndfrddy.....you might want to try DP Morris out of IL. They get it to me the next day and shipping is quite a bit less than BCN.

Edit to add...Sharon, I've done both call in and online. It hasn't helped with shipping but sometimes it helps my order get here a day or two earlier if I pay the fee to be bumped up. Forget what they call that feature.

Edited by jeanie353
additional

This is strictly JMO and I do see both sides however...

I base at least 95% of my purchasing decision ( what to buy, when to buy it , can I put it off til later, etc ) on what number comes up in the cart and I am notorious for editing, re-editing, totally changing or absolutely cancelling an order to a later date, depending on what the shipping comes up to being. Unfortunately for some companies, that alone ( shipping on certain items I can get the same thing from somewhere else especially when there is minimal difference in mileage) has made me drop suppliers in favor for someone else, figure out other things I can substitute from another supplier, etc.

I was extremely shocked to put the same items in a basket from one if not the largest supplier in the FAR northwest corner... and also in a cart of one of the biggest suppliers in the north mid west... with a 400 miles advantage to the mid west... and shipping was considerably cheaper , and processing the order was 2 days faster, than that of the mid west supplier... want to take a guess which one I went with ?

In this business, everyone has issues at some point, to some extent or the other with a company and I do my best not to judge on those instances because well, everyone has a bad day or forgets to ship something or whatnot... but dang... 40.00 is a HUGE freaking mistake and it makes me wonder if they would have caught it, had KimB not.

Edited by blacktieaffair

BCN has the worst website and shopping cart I have ever tried to use. They know it stinks yet do nothing to fix it. I never order from them unless I cannot find the item anywhere else.

I base my purchasing decisions on what I see in the shopping cart. What is the point of having a website if you then have to call to verify the shipping charges? I hate calling places, and don't have the time for it.