Is there much difference

Ravens

between Peak's Amish Harvest and AH/RE's Amish Quilt? Or Celtic Moonspice? Some people are able to discern even subtle differences in the notes of a FO, but I sure can't. These three oils all smell very similar to me :undecided

ChandlerWicks, I recently bought a few FOs from AH/RE; Amish quilt is one of them, and to me it smells very much like Peak's Amish harvest. Ever tried Amish quilt?

I'm waiting for the candles and tarts to cure, then I'll have a better idea.... I hope, lol

Yes to what Faithful said!

I have all 3. I like them all.

Amish Quilt and Celtic Moonspice (mine are from RE/AH) smell very much alike to me. The cinnamon is a sweeter cinnamon or there is a vanilla or cake note to me. Amish Harvest's (mine is from Peak) cinnamon is a touch sharper, not as candy or cake like to my nose.

Thank you all; now I need to decide which one to carry because they're very similar.

Must say that Peak's Amish harvest is quite the strong thrower, but Amish quilt (AH/RE) gets such great reviews.

Hmmmm, time for my testers, friends and fam to test :smiley2:

I carry Amish Quilt, and it sells like crazy! I melt the tarts and they seem to last forever. Some local competition carries Amish Harvest so I have decided not to mess with it, at least for the time being...

I believe my biggest competitors here include Yankee, Colonial Candle, Woodwicks, etc. - all the "biggies", and frankly I haven't checked to see if they carry anything like the FOs we've been talking about. Wishing you continued success! :smiley2:

Ravens....I poured Amish Quilt several years back before ever trying Peak Amish Harvest. I remember I liked it a lot. I don't remember how the HT on it was. However, I can tell you Peak AH has amazing HT. I blended it with Mulberry @ 50/50 after reading about it on the forum.

Just a thought for you if you do buy AH and find it too sharp, there is an option with the Mulberry to smooth it out yet keep it nice and strong at less than 1 oz pp on paraffin/parasoy - if you want.

Ravens....I poured Amish Quilt several years back before ever trying Peak Amish Harvest. I remember I liked it a lot. I don't remember how the HT on it was. However, I can tell you Peak AH has amazing HT. I blended it with Mulberry @ 50/50 after reading about it on the forum.

Just a thought for you if you do buy AH and find it too sharp, there is an option with the Mulberry to smooth it out yet keep it nice and strong at less than 1 oz pp on paraffin/parasoy - if you want.

Thank you, Jeanie! Agree with you, Peak's Amish harvest has great throw. I tried many Mulberry oils, and the one I like best is BCN's; surprised me really, 'cause in general I'm not too fond of their FOs, but the Mulberry is super.

Can you describe the scent after mixing mulberry with Peak's Amish harvest? Thanks!:smiley2:

Edited by Ravens
typo

Thank you, Jeanie! Agree with you, Peak's Amish harvest has great throw. I tried many Mulberry oils, and the one I like best is BCN's; surprised me really, 'cause in general I'm not too fond of their FOs, but the Mulberry is super.

Can you describe the scent after mixing mulberry with Peak's Amish harvest? Thanks!:smiley2:

Oh boy! That is the toughest question I've had to answer in a long time...lol. Its spiced with cinnamon, maybe a little clove in the AH and my Mulberry has a sweetness to it. Not icky sweet but not tart. It is CS...not Peak. (my mistake). Blended it turns into a cozy, winter, Thanksgiving, Christmas type blend.

That was absolutely no help was it? I'd be happy to send you both two sniffies inside a baggie, if you like.

justajesuschick.....At one time I didn't blend anything either until I began reading blends on the forum. There is a thread where members have listed blends they used to make a scent. Its great info they shared with the rest of us and helps make a popular scent from two or more scents already in the FO cabinet.

I've tried mixing up my own blends with Qtips yet was not very successful. I think I had maybe 4 out of 12 that weren't disgusting but I did enjoy opening the baggies to smell the surprises inside after they married.

Maybe just go for it, hope for nothing, end up with one or two good ones and have fun :)

Edited by jeanie353
additional

I love the sound of this blend! I wonder what a good name for it would be. Any thoughts? Hint hint;-)

I can't take any credit for it. One of our members posted it. I think it was Candybee but not positive. I'm not sure if she named it. I called it Autumn Bliss for my own use last year since I wasn't selling. Don't have a name in mind for public yet.

Jeanie, you did a fine job describing the scents combination; thank you.

I think I may have some CS Mulberry left; think I'll use it, then try a second batch using the BCN Mulberry and see which I like better.

Jack, if I decided to carry it, I'd have the same problem.... what would I name it? :undecided Oh well, one thing at a time, lol

Jeanie, you did a fine job describing the scents combination; thank you.

I think I may have some CS Mulberry left; think I'll use it, then try a second batch using the BCN Mulberry and see which I like better.

Jack, if I decided to carry it, I'd have the same problem.... what would I name it? :undecided Oh well, one thing at a time, lol

Oh, could you post the results pls? I was thinking about ordering BCN Mulberry after your report on it. CS Mulberry on its own did not have a real strong HT (for me) but it sure came out when mixed with AH.

I'm going to be using it so I do need to give it a name to get their labels printed. If I come up with a few, I'll toss them out, for what its worth. I'm not too good at picking names though.

I certainly will. :grin2:

Oh, could you post the results pls? I was thinking about ordering BCN Mulberry after your report on it. CS Mulberry on its own did not have a real strong HT (for me) but it sure came out when mixed with AH.

I'm going to be using it so I do need to give it a name to get their labels printed. If I come up with a few, I'll toss them out, for what its worth. I'm not too good at picking names though.

As far as names here are a few I have seen that might fit this blend.

Mulberry Spice

Sweet Autumn Nights

Warm by the Fire

Spiced Mulberry

From my nose's perspective of the blend, I think Mulberry Spice or Spiced Mulberry gives the perfect description of the scent, maybe with a little twist but can't explain what it is. So bad at explaining scents.

Warm by the Fire is a nice catchy name. It does portray cozy warmth on a cold night...to me anyway.