Homespun Material around Candles

Hi all!

I'm just curious if anyone does this! I love the look of material tied around my candle jars. I bought some small rusty stars and drilled a hole in each one, got some rusty wire to go thru the star and then tie it into the material and wrap around my jars. Does anyone else do this? Any thoughts? Ya like it or not so much? Thanks!

Michele

On my jars- 8 ounce square mason- I use brown Kraft labels and tie cording in a bow around them. I tried material but for me it seemed too big looking for that jar and no matter how I tied it it seemed sloppy- but when I see pictures of others doing it I love the look of it...guess I'm just not satisfied with my tying technique! LOL

I have been tying my candles with Homespun from the beginning, about 12 yrs. I use brown lids now but that's about all that has changed. The purple one is a perfume scent, I put sheer ribbon on it. Plus my brown tags are a little smaller.

I really like the look of those. I have just the regular 8 ounce jars & was wanting to dress them up a bit. :) What size are your tags?

Edited by ladysj

I really like the look of those. I have just the regular 8 ounce jars & was wanting to dress them up a bit. :) What size are your tags?

The tags are 1 1/2w X 1 3/4 L I have them printed, so this is what they are now. I use to make my own with a business card and fold them. I'd printed front and back on one side and the two insides on the other. But condensed all the info to just a tag, half the size of the business card. Then the printer said she could make them smaller and you could still read it. She had the brown craft stock too so I changed to that from the white.

I used the Jelly jars when I first started and still tied the Homespun. My first wholesale store was in Metamora, IN. He sold 100 candles the first weekend. I only had about 10 scents in his store and he didn't sell any other candles. He was a great seller, kept one he had burned to show how clean the glass was and always had one burning. Any other store and I probable wouldn't have sold any. Soy candles were brand new then... Any way I'm rambling, I have the template in Print Shop if you want to get an ideal.

Me too, please! chandlerwicks@yahoo.com

The tags are 1 1/2w X 1 3/4 L I have them printed, so this is what they are now. I use to make my own with a business card and fold them. I'd printed front and back on one side and the two insides on the other. But condensed all the info to just a tag, half the size of the business card. Then the printer said she could make them smaller and you could still read it. She had the brown craft stock too so I changed to that from the white.

I used the Jelly jars when I first started and still tied the Homespun. My first wholesale store was in Metamora, IN. He sold 100 candles the first weekend. I only had about 10 scents in his store and he didn't sell any other candles. He was a great seller, kept one he had burned to show how clean the glass was and always had one burning. Any other store and I probable wouldn't have sold any. Soy candles were brand new then... Any way I'm rambling, I have the template in Print Shop if you want to get an ideal.