Aztecs FO

flairforlife

My OOB review. I will have some in wax tomorrow and Sunday.

Apple Spice-a nice "stick" cinnamon with a warm apple (not as McIntosh as some)

Cinnamon Bread Pudding-I sure smell the bread and the custard in this. I am not a bread and custard fan so we will see. I'd say get it if you are!

Cotton Candy-smells the best Cotton Candy I have tried. This has been an elusive scent. I either get it too hot or I like it OOB but not in wax. Eager to try this one!

Eggnog-YUM! Smells more lke Cupcake/Birthday cake than Eggnog but if I love it in wax, who cares, right?!

Maple and Brown Sugar-I get the Maple separate. The Brown Sugar smells like a caramelized sugar.

Maple Toddy-smells like sweet nail polish remover. I cannot geta maple I love. Cannot wait to see if this is closer than I have come.

Pumpkin Muffins-smells just like the name. Maybe be a bit too spicy (and I like spice). Will be one that is different in wax.

Pumpkin Spice-REALLY, really spicy. Also an elusive one for me. Hope I love it.

Spice (Christmas Spice)-Smells like Amish Harvest/Amish Quilt.

Spiced Crumb Cake-smells EXACTLY like my mom's "coffee cake".

Spicy Apples and Peaches-I love TCS SAaP. This one smells great. It will be a throw down between them once in wax.

Spicy Christmas-Delicious!! Could this one be a dupe for my beloved McCall's Country Store??

Vanilla Pumpkin Pie-smells like straight up alcohol. Guessing this one may do as many vanillas and become yummier in wax. Hopeful.

Let me know if you want additional specifics!

Edited by justajesuschick

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest OldGlory

Yes, fragrances can smell different in wax. OOB is not the best way to judge a fragrance unless you are using it as is.

Also, our sense of smell is very subjective. We all have subtle differences in perception of what we smell and taste. Something you may just love someone else may loathe. If three different people pick up the same candle you'll probably get 3 different opinions. It's why there are so many different types of perfume. Not everyone likes the same thing. Thank goodness!

I don't know about yall, but I'm jazzed and can't wait to hear everyone's experiences in wax and bnb products.

I wish I was as excited but I'm afraid that these FO are not for soy. If and when there are more reviews for them in soy I may put them in wax but for now I think I'm going to stick with my suppliers that I know have good soy ratings.

Copied & Pasted from yesterday on other Aztec thread......

Aztec is my #1 supplier and I use 416 soy with alittle 4625. I have tried almost all of the suppliers known and I have NG and The Candlemaker Store and The Candlesource that I use often, but for fragrances that I do have shipped to me here in Ohio, I will go to Aztec over all others outside of Ohio because of their customer service and their sales,.. they also have codes often for 10% off.

I just got their Buttercream today,..and I recently posted in the Classies looking for someone that may have some of Daystar's Buttercream because I didnt want to order 1 bottle from them and pay $8 shipping,..anyways, I am just HYSTATIC. I poured this afternoon the Buttercream in tarts and is all I can say is I am one happy lady,..it is delicious so far, I let mine cure for a few days before I even melt them, but the cold throw is very strong and a true straight buttercream and I use 416 wax with alittle 4625. If the HT is good, I have just found me a new buttercream and its cheaper. Oh yah, oh yah!!! *getdown*

Edited by leisa2003

Jack, I just emailed them, and asked if there was a way to start getting reviews on each of the FOs in soy also. I'll let you know what I hear.

Awe, your so sweet to do that BTA! I really love when suppliers have this on their sites. I'm more willing to buy a try then to not. Can't wait to hear what they said :-)

Amish Harvest- very cinnamon and spice, medium

Paul, did you every get any of the Amish Harvest from Only Fragrance (Luis)? If you did, how does this compare? Once I'm out of my stash I'm going to be one unhappy puppy since it's one of my most popular fragrances. I have tried the one from Peaks and I prefer Only Fragrance. So, need to find a replacement.

Paul, did you every get any of the Amish Harvest from Only Fragrance (Luis)? If you did, how does this compare? Once I'm out of my stash I'm going to be one unhappy puppy since it's one of my most popular fragrances. I have tried the one from Peaks and I prefer Only Fragrance. So, need to find a replacement.

Hi PMM- I never tried any of Luis' FO. Wish I had.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes it takes me a few months to test...

In parasoy wax, here are a few of my results:

Lemon Eucalyptus - medium throw. I'm personally not a fan -- the eucalyptus smells weird when wafting through the air...almost too herbal/medicinal

Monkey Bread - strong! Not really detecting any bread notes, but it's good and spicy.

Cozy Cabin - light :( It's a great smell, but not a good thrower (would be fine for smaller rooms maybe)

Cheesecake - getting stronger as it cures, but I still maintain that it's a medium scent. Very nice!

Apple Strudel - light/medium throw but the scent dies out after about 4 hrs -- I also don't detect enough bakery notes to be classified as a strudel

Black Cinnamon - zero throw! Had to stick my head in the bowl to even get any scent. It's smells great though...better suited for b&b (if it's even skin safe...didn't look)

Iced Lemon Cookies -- not even gonna put this one in wax to test. I'm ordering it!! Some scents you just know ;-)

• 1 month later...

I'm ready to place my order tomorrow from one of the ladies on eBay. I think many of their FOs are NG and Aztec.

Does anyone maybe have anything to add to this of how these FOs performed after being put in wax? I've got Iced Lemon Cookies down and Buttercream as winners so far from this thread.

TIA

Buttered biscuits is great in soy. Smells very realistic IMO. Would be great paired with a jam scent too

Oh great. Thanks a bunch. I'm itching to get my order set up and ready to place tomorrow but just so leery not being able to find reviews on many of them in wax. OOB, we have lots but I've found that very often is misleading.

Yes I have just ordered buttered biscuits from the lady off ebay x

Oh good! I know more about NG FOs than Aztek but still only know a small percentage compared to what is on their site. Aztek is all new to me.

Will order that scent and iced lemon cookies if she has it.

Iced lemon cookies is amazing, she did used to have it , yes she does have it just checked. X

I did get it along with buttered biscuits, mulberry jam, cranberry joy, autumn wreath (Y** type), toasted marshmallow, spiced apple and pinion pine.

From the other person I got: HIWTK, country apple, snow fairy, vanilla pumpkin pie, fresh fallen leaves and caramel apple bake.

Edited by jeanie353

I have just placed an order with the other person as well, I got snow fairy, hillbilly home brew, buttercream crunch, cotton candy, pumpkin apple butter, mrs Claus cookies, pink sugar, hot coco and marshmallows and cinnamon bread pudding. Can't wait, unfortunately I have to wait a little while for them to arrive as I am in uk.

They are both really quick and both had extremely reasonable shipping.

Yes, now the wait! Its too bad you have to wait so long but the upside maybe is that you have suppliers who will ship USPS. Last time I was at ICS, she did ship USPS Priority. Unsure if she still does or ships out of country.

I didn't see your posts above on the other FOs. If these go alright, I will put them on my next order.

Yes I do order from ics , daystar, candle source, candle cocoon and moonworks. These have great prices for shipping. I can not order from candle science and peaks :(

As well with Karen you can request oils and she will try to get them in for you. Could you let me know what the pinion and mulberry jam are like? Last year she did have a cranberry marmalade, that was fantastic but can not see it on her site now x