Is a ladle a ladle?

I use a ladle that is highly quality rubber/plastic and very stiff, (and very high heat tolerant so it doesn't melt ) for the actual ladle part. The handle is metal, and there is a rubberized covering over most of the handle. The reason I use this is 1. The ladle part that is rubberized doesn't scratch up the bottom of my Presto... the metal handle makes it to where I can drape the ladle over the top of the pot if I need to, and it also doesn't melt if I get in a hurry and drop it back down in there for a minute or so.

Edit : it just dawned on me you said you got the stainless steel one. In that case, I don't think it would matter whichever one you used as long as it is high heat tolerant

Edited by blacktieaffair

Dont ever be afraid to ask any question that you don't know or can't find the answer to on the "Search". I still see posts every day, from truly experienced candle and bath and body makers. None of us know everything, we are always learning. What might seem like a silly question to you.. isn't. And we were all at your point, at one time. It's just really nice that now, due to a ton of really caring crafters, we have a forum that we can go to get search for answers, bounce ideas off of, and just be with our own kind so to speak LOL.

I can't imagine the troubles some of the (and forgive the phrase ) old timers had to go through in figuring things out. It's still hard enough to figure things out but at least we have this forum now and for that, I'm really grateful.

You might want to get one from a restaurant supply shop, or a place like Sam's or Costco. They have 3 packs with a rubber coated handle. Those are very nice. If you leave it in the presto for any length of time, you won't burn the crap out of your hands trying to retrieve it.