New Rustic Escentuals FO!!

jackbenimble

This is a FO review I saw on the RE/AH Facebook page for some new FO's that are brand new on their website. I know some of you may have already seen this but I thought I'd post anyway. I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on these if you have tried them. Some remind me of CS new FO's that have recently come out as well. Here is the link to the new FO on their page. Thanks!

PS- there are several "coming soon" FO on this page too. They sound very interesting!

http://rusticescentuals.com/Whats-New/

Vickey's New Scent Sniffy Review

Keep in mind: All of these have been tested in soy candles and have passed the GOOD BURNING throw test.

1. Kettle Corn: GOOD LORD...I LOVE THIS!! Smells like movie popcorn with just a hair of sweet. Just like real kettle corn.

2. Truth or Dare type: Very strong...might have to go back and look at the notes on that one. But it is a very feminine scent. Would fit in the perfume catagory, but a very pretty perfume. I would describe it as a sophisticated and uptown kind of scent.

3. Green Tea and Willow: Very strong, for me this would fit in the Clean/Herbal category , lots of green clean notes, and would make AWESOME soap ( hint..somebody make me some) haha. Just kiddin. I love it!

4. Cinnamon and Spruce: Definitely more spruce than cinnamon, great Christmas and holiday scent. Very strong.

5. Salty Sea Air: Strong, yet very clean and fresh...I would really, really like this as a room spray, or any kind of body product.

6. Chardonnay: If you are a wine lover or want something fruity, but sophisticated, this scent is for you. Very, very classy. Again, strong.

7. Danish Butter Cookie: Slap me in the Face...I LOVE THIS. But I love real Danish Butter Cookies. YUMMY.

8. Black Currant Tea: Really nice rich Black Currant... I like it.

9. Red Maple Leaf: I am not sure just how to describe this...but I do like it. I think it was one of Amy’s favorites so, maybe she will chime in this discussion.

10. Burnin’ Love Cinnamon: WOWEEE...This is HOT and very, very good. LOVE IT!!

11. Patchouli Rain: I think all of you patchouli lovers will LOVE this one. I'm not into patchouli, but this is a very strong, balanced out fragrance.

12. Cake Bake: For those of you who used Ky's Patty Cake, this is very similar . A close match to a yellow cake. Very good.

13. Pipe Smoke: This is a very unique fragrance...definitely can smell those pipe smoke notes, I also think this might be good for those looking for a fragrance to remind you of a rustic cabin. I really like it.

14. Lavender and Chamomile: Very clean and fresh, this one will be a MUST for you soapers. It made me want to smell it again. :-).

15. Candied Walnuts: Yummy...to me it’s like Caramel Coated Walnuts...LOVE IT !

OK...that’s my review...in part. I would like comments & questions and we can go into further detail about each one. Maybe Amy and Carol might chime in here and help answer questions also!

Edited by jackbenimble

I have a list going (and added a couple of these!) but when I went to place my little order, oils were like $25 and shipping was $11. I decided to wait until I need more. That is how it goes being a non-tax I.D. individual buying just for herself!

Now you are making me go check out CS's new oils!!

I have a list going (and added a couple of these!) but when I went to place my little order, oils were like $25 and shipping was $11. I decided to wait until I need more.

Make sure you are on their mailing list, you can sign up from the News, Sales and Updates link. Usually around August they have a sample scent event where the 1oz size is less than half price. Great time to try a lot of their oils.

Paul, thanks for posting about their new oils. Haven't buzzed by their site lately.

Edited by ProudMarineMom

I poured Patchouli Rain. Heavy on the rain to my nose. I am not a patch lover and I really didn't notice anything but a very light touch of patch. Had one of my patch lovers smell it and she gave it a thumbs down. Said it would be great for somone who liked the rain part but didn't do anything for someone wanting patch. Anxious to see what others think of this one. I have Red Maple Leaf coming in a day or two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Karen, Did you ever get a chance to put any of these in wax yet? Would love to hear your thoughts :-)

Sorry..just saw this!

So far I have only been able to test Salty Sea Air and Cinnamon & Spruce.

Years ago I carried Salty Sea Air from another supplier ...Keystone??....so I was very happy to see RE now carrying it. And I was not disappointed.....in my opinion this is what I want an ocean candle to smell like. Nice and strong in 415.

Cinnamon & Spruce is probably my new favorite scent...not just a Christmas scent...excellent in 415.

Lavender & Chamomile I have poured but have yet to light....I'm a huge fan of anything lavender and this one is beautiful. Nice CT...hoping for a great HT!

Not sure if I'm even going to test Red Maple Leaf....I'm just not crazy about it OOB and since I'm retiring at the end of the year don't think I'm going to bother.

Sorry..just saw this!

So far I have only been able to test Salty Sea Air and Cinnamon & Spruce.

Years ago I carried Salty Sea Air from another supplier ...Keystone??....so I was very happy to see RE now carrying it. And I was not disappointed.....in my opinion this is what I want an ocean candle to smell like. Nice and strong in 415.

Cinnamon & Spruce is probably my new favorite scent...not just a Christmas scent...excellent in 415.

Lavender & Chamomile I have poured but have yet to light....I'm a huge fan of anything lavender and this one is beautiful. Nice CT...hoping for a great HT!

Not sure if I'm even going to test Red Maple Leaf....I'm just not crazy about it OOB and since I'm retiring at the end of the year don't think I'm going to bother.

Thanks Karen for telling us your findings on these. I use RE alot and hope to get some of the new scents to try sometime soon. The salty sea air sounds amazing. I'm using peaks ocean right now wish I could find one that was closer to the real thing. The cinnamon and spruce sound excellent too!

Hi All!

I just got 48 samples from AH/RE! I am so amazed at how fast I got my order. I live in WI and they are in SC. I had my order on the second day, and early morning delivery. I am only 4 hours from BCN and it takes them longer! Had all my oils in wax by the end of the day! I'll do a review soon! A couple I remember that I am loving is the ones mentioned..Cinnamon & Spruce, I love it kinda reminds me of ICS Sugared Spruce but think I like it even better. Salty Sea Air Is definitely awesome! When I close my eyes this for sure puts me layin on a beach sippin a fruity drink! Red Maple Leaf outta the bottle I couldn't decide but in wax is so good! Screams Fall to me!

• 3 months later...
Hi All!

I just got 48 samples from AH/RE! I am so amazed at how fast I got my order. I live in WI and they are in SC. I had my order on the second day, and early morning delivery. I am only 4 hours from BCN and it takes them longer! Had all my oils in wax by the end of the day! I'll do a review soon! A couple I remember that I am loving is the ones mentioned..Cinnamon & Spruce, I love it kinda reminds me of ICS Sugared Spruce but think I like it even better. Salty Sea Air Is definitely awesome! When I close my eyes this for sure puts me layin on a beach sippin a fruity drink! Red Maple Leaf outta the bottle I couldn't decide but in wax is so good! Screams Fall to me!

Any results? I have a cart open for an order in the morning and am looking for something new to test and play with. What made you swoon?