callin all SFIC SOAPERS

katshe

I am looking for reviews on SFIC bases, I have been using NGs narural bases and frankly I am looking for a cheaper way to go with my soaps but i still want quality...ng soaps are wonderful, not slippery or sweaty but the current price increase I am having to find an alternative. I have some WSP natural goatsmilk base and it is so sticky and slippery.

Can you tell me

are SFIC bases Sweaty, slippery, do they melt well in microwave, are they mild to the skin without adding oils,?

Which base are you using?

Thank you so much! ;)

I use the SFIC Low Sweat bases - and love them! This soap has practically cured my DH's dry skin problems, and he won't use anything else now. On your other questions.. can't say about the micro as I don't have one in my shop so I use the double boiler method, but they work melt great this way. I don't "oils" - I use 3 recipes, one goats milk, one shea butter, and one OMH. Mine are slippery or sweaty so long as I package them promptly - it's terribly hot and humid here this year! Anyway, I highly recommend SFIC. hth

I went thru testing alot of natural bases and found most drying to my skin and burning to all my family members...or they were slimmy , sweaty and slippery in the shower.. I did not try the low sweat base at that time.

How are they in the shower? I suppose this is my biggest concern as my customers may not take a liking to the change in how they feel in the shower. "(

Always bought the GM base from Brambleberry; I really think they are made by SFIC - the ingredients are exactly the same. Last week I bought the GM base from AH/RE, made by Stephenson's; have yet to try it, but the price is better than NG's.

I've not used anything but the SFIC bases (or type bases) and think they are great. I took it farther and added a lot of ingredients to my soaps which did remove the lather but it only took adding a little castor back in along with (or not) a couple T of mild castile liquid soap. The longer they cure, I found the better the lather. They were not slippery or slimy at all in the shower.

The only complaint I have which is due to my own skin is they made my face tight but not the rest of my body. But that is due to my face, not the soap. On the rest of my body I felt clean, moisturized and they rinsed without residue.

I began using the DB method of melting and moved to a Presto after a short time. Kept on a very low temp the Presto melted the soap without burning yet was hot enough to enable to additives to incorporate without any seeping later from the bars. By additives, I'm talking of oils, butters, GM, honey, etc.

I have since moved on to CP but would not hesitate to go back to SFIC M&P.