Blend for Fall

moonshine

I am not much of a blender/mixer but was looking for a scent similar to horse breath- for people not familiar with horses I am sure this sounds gross but some horses have this very sweet smell when you nuzzle their nose that I personally love- its a comfort smell to me- earthy/hay/grass type with a sweetness to it

So I played with the q-tip test and found a blend to make a tester candle out of and lit it this morning.... I love it- not exact to the smell I am looking for but close and it is throwing like crazy

I did equal parts BCN hayride and CS Mac apple and SC fresh grass- the grass is a little more dominant so far- I may back that off and add a touch of sweet grass or more hayride next time

It is very "Fallish" if anyone is looking for something different!

Hey Moonshine!

I don't have horses, but have been around them on occasion and petted them...oh their muzzles and noses so soft and sweet!! What a great idea for scent blending !! The scent that you have created sounds wonderful!!! Thank you for sharing!! :)

Could you do a puppy breath please?

I don't mean to hijack....

Taylored Concept had this a while back, haven't found it anywhere else. But in the description it was said to be a soft dirt and grass fragrance. I don't know if this would create an accurate dupe; but you might could try a blend of Dirt and Sweet Grass with maybe a bit of French Vanilla. IDK.

I did equal parts BCN hayride and CS Mac apple and SC fresh grass- the grass is a little more dominant so far- I may back that off and add a touch of sweet grass or more hayride next time

It is very "Fallish" if anyone is looking for something different!

That sounds awesome! I can smell it from here! I'll have to try this one. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by rctfavr3

I am getting into this blending thing now- anyone who tries it let me know what you think

I LOVE it - I am so proud of myself!!

So strong But next time I am going to cut the grass a little and add a little more apple a touch of sweet grass and see- sweetcakes fresh grass is very strong and dominant in this blend but I still love it

Puppies breath.... That is a fabulous idea

Thanks, that sounds good! MS it does sound fabulous!

I don't mean to hijack....

Taylored Concept had this a while back, haven't found it anywhere else. But in the description it was said to be a soft dirt and grass fragrance. I don't know if this would create an accurate dupe; but you might could try a blend of Dirt and Sweet Grass with maybe a bit of French Vanilla. IDK.

You might want to add some anise if it is out there somewhere. I worked at the checkerboard feed company for years and anise is a flavoring used in the sweet horse feeds. Licorice(sp?) is what it smells like. Everytime I am around horses that have eat sweet feed I can smell that.

You might want to add some anise if it is out there somewhere. I worked at the checkerboard feed company for years and anise is a flavoring used in the sweet horse feeds. Licorice(sp?) is what it smells like. Everytime I am around horses that have eat sweet feed I can smell that.

In that case, whomever is blending may want to try SOS's Caraway FO.

It has a very haylike quality with a hint of licorice. It is a good blender fragrance.

The anise and caraway are great ideas and I might try that to replicate a grain/ feed store scent

In this blend I was going more for the actual horses breath - some have it and some don't- even when they havent just ate- it's so hard to describe but it's not a smell from right after they eat sweet feed- and I don't sweet feed mine - its just pure earthy/grassy/hayish sweetness They blow from their nostrils and I find myself always smelling the one horse we have that always has this scent! Weird I know! LOL

Thanks for that info- before I switched to a pellet feed I did sweet feed my horses and they always said it was molasses that they used for flavor- I bet the anise would make a nice kick to this type of scent! I can't wait to get started on this one!

In that case, whomever is blending may want to try SOS's Caraway FO.

It has a very haylike quality with a hint of licorice. It is a good blender fragrance.

What concentration did you try? I am going to be trying that

Thanks for the review that could save using to many different oils!

What concentration did you try? I am going to be trying that

Thanks for the review that could save using to many different oils!

Used Ultra. Not sure why. I just am alway leary of buying it in SOS grade. Try a sniffee sample. If your not plaining on using a lot sometime you can get away with using the sniffee sample in the blend. All of their sniffees are in extreme concentration (which is about 25-33% stronger than Ultra. Generally I won't use an SOS grade unless it's a fruit fragrance or heady floral fragrance. hope that helps.

Oh yes, molasses is the main additve to sweet feed for sure but usually it is a processed molasses that has additives one of which can be anise. Usually in the more premium sweet feeds and not the cheaper ones. If I remember correctly I think anise is added to most premium horse feeds. Gosh, I just remember how much I miss working there and smelling the feed right out of the the mixer, lol. May have to go visit my buddies!

Thanks for that info- before I switched to a pellet feed I did sweet feed my horses and they always said it was molasses that they used for flavor- I bet the anise would make a nice kick to this type of scent! I can't wait to get started on this one!

It is to be called" Horse Whispers"

It goes along with their breath and the special "sense/intuition" some people have like my daughter that can get a horse to do anything they want- no matter what! (now for me I lose the battle and get dumped or kicked)!LOL. They are called horse whisperer's but I didn't like that extra syllable