NG fall scents for 415

Ok, so I think I'm fairly done with my testing and am going with 415! I have been using NG for FO and I already have quite a few for fall and winter but am looking for a nice outdoors type for fall. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

The ones that are fallish I already have (but yet to test) are: Hillbilly homebrew, Pumpkin crunch cake, Spiced cranberry, Apple jack peel, Orange clove, Country bumpkin, & Cinn. sticks (all NG). Yes, I see the problem.... I have bought 50 FOs without having my wax picked out yet....I couldn't help myself:o.

I am interested in trying the following NG outdoor type FOs, but trying to keep it down to two...or three: Autum magic, Cracklin birch, Harvest moon, Harvest type, Twilight in the woods, Witching hour, & Vamp vogue.

There's always next year to order and try more but for now, so I don't get into trouble, I just want to hear what you guys think are the best so I can pick a few :wink2:

Thanks for all your help, you guys truely are an amazing bunch! Looking forward to the opinions!

Cracklin birch and Christmas splendor and autumn magic are the only ones I use from NG- birch is AMAZING!!!

But I still cannot get it to throw AND burn right in a wicked candle - I tried 464- 135 and 415 (the wax I currently use)

None of the other samples I got threw for me either in 464 but I haven't tried any but the birch in 415- I may have to re-visit that

Autumn magic is a wonderful Fall scent- I had tried witching hour along time ago and it's also good but very heavy and spicy- my melts looked horrific - but I was also extremely new at making them

Edited by moonshine

Cracklin birch is what first caught my eye then I realized I really do need an outdoor fall type for my fall loving friends. I read that quite a few have had issues with it burning right as well. I'm sticking with melts for now, although I have a serious itch to go ahead with wicking :smiley2:

I've only tried Butt naked in the 464, it was good but didn't last long enough. I plan to play with the others I have in 415 within the next month or so, will keep you posted. I'm really hoping that the Spiced cranberry is similar to CS Cranberry marmalade, looooove that one :drool:

Thank you both for your help!

Well then Cracklin birch is on top of the list! Ravens, did you have issues wicking it in 415?

Marcuset, I picked Hillbilly homebrew over the Mulled cider, have you tried the Hillbilly homebrew? I love a good mulled cider but the Homebrew got such great reviews. Darn it, another one to think about lol.

Ah...I still prefer the Mulled Cider straight up. So do my local customers. For me, Hillbilly Homebrew wasn't as popular, but that's just me. I know other chandlers who can't keep it in stock. It's a fantastic scent, though - I totally agree with you!

I jus poured the Hillbilly a few min ago and Pumpkin crunch last night. Both are SUPER yummmm! But now I think I am jus gonna have to try the mulled cider as well, only cause I too have a weakness for ciders. Lol I am trying so hard not to try every single FO but I don't want any of them to feel neglected :sad2: At least I have been getting jus sample sizes, right?!

Anyone try the Vamp vogue from NG? It sounds nice and got good reviews jus would like to hear more bout it.

Everyone has been a great help! Thanks again!

• 2 months later...

I looove looove looove the Pumpkin crunch!!! Do not like the Pumpkin Pie Spice. Hillbilly Brew is nice but having trouble with HT, Spiced Cranberry is great too but not lasting long, jus uped the % in those so we will see. The Craking Birch is awesome!!! That's all I've burned so far. I really like the Witching Hour, haven't burned yet but it's like a cinn tea :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hillbilly Homebrew and Autumn Magic blows the doors off over here in my 415. Hillbilly Homebrew has been my most popular scent 3 years in a row. What jars/wicks percentage FO etc are you using? It seems you burn without allowing it to cure? I cure these two at least 4 days before burning and a week if possible.

Hey Lorelei! I haven't started wicking yet, just tested em in tarts, I know wrong catagory. I let all of em cure for a at least a week. I did up the % to almost 10%, that has helped. Now on the Hillbilly hmbrew I am getting about 6+ strong HT, 17 total hrs. Tested it last week but hadn't had time to update this post yet. But I am still only getting about 6 hrs total w/ Autumn magic @ almost 10% :( I will probably revisit it later and try again, it really is a great scent. Do you think a wick might make it stronger?

That's awesome Moonshine! Hopefully I will get that one fig out when the time comes cause that one is amazing as well!