Mason Jar Craft Projects

HorseScentS

What fun projects Horsescents!!! Thanks for giving us some different and great ideas to use our mason jars for!! Those jars are such great jars to have..so versatile, so many uses!!! :)

Yes, they're so cute! Once I posted in the cooking section some links to baking cupcakes and other deserts in jelly jars, and then you tie a bow around it with a spoon or fork. I've been meaning to try those too. :)

The timing on this post is ironic because about 2 weekends ago I made one of the soap dispensers like what was shown in one of the blogs. I really like the idea of using the mason jars to store spices as well. That might be my next project.

The timing on this post is ironic because about 2 weekends ago I made one of the soap dispensers like what was shown in one of the blogs. I really like the idea of using the mason jars to store spices as well. That might be my next project.

I love the soap dispensers with the pump lid, is that what you made? I want to make that too. It's too cute!

Yes, exactly. I just went to Ross a bought a cheapie soap dispenser that had a dark bronze pump, then I cut a hole in the center of a mason jar lid, painted it bronze to match the pump and then added soap. I tried a few variations to see which I liked better and stuck with the bronze lid. I also tried spray painting the jar with white gloss paint and used a black pump, but that just didnt go with my decor. post-12144-139458499913_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We used to iron them between sheets of wax paper. But I can't remember if the leaves were able to be removed from the paper. Wow brain freeze or something!

Do you think we really need to press the leaves first, like she says? or will it work with unpressed leaves? And is there a quicky way to press leaves, like put them between paper or fabric and iron them flat?