Those that make jewelry

lovemylabs

Our daughter is starting to make jewelry. She has invested in some supplies already, and has made the bracelets pictured. Can any of you suggest an online supplier that truly whoesales that you are pleased with? She is checking out ebay and amazon and is busy checking out other sites...but wanted to see if y'all had any suggestions. She purchased some stuff at Michaels just to get started, but soon realized that the mark up is too much and needs to go into a more wholesale way of buying. Any suggestions?

post-12423-139458499372_thumb.jpg

The bracelets are very pretty. Firemountaingems is a good place for a beginner to buy from. Michaels is way to expensive for what they are selling. If you have a shop on Etsy or ArtFire, there is a gal who places orders so everyone gets the highest discount then she lists your order you buy it and she ships to you. I have ordered from her shop several times. I have been dabbling in jewellery for about a year now and FMG works for me at this point.

Thanks guys. I appreciate your input. She just placed some orders yesterday and today. @ Kitn...She said, with regard to firemountaingems, "Oh man, that site is dangerous!"...LOL! I had to laugh because we all know that feeling, don't we!? She just made a few of these and they are already sold. And, more orders are coming in. We went out to run errands a little bit ago and people are asking about her jewelry. I'm very excited for her. Thanks again

Thanks for your input everybody. I shared the link of this post with her so she could read your comments. We were out running errands yesterday and I picked up a couple of beading magazines and Holy Cow...the amount of companies advertising is unbelievable. Lots of companies, beads and ideas...thanks again guys

• 2 months later...
Our daughter is starting to make jewelry. She has invested in some supplies already, and has made the bracelets pictured. Can any of you suggest an online supplier that truly whoesales that you are pleased with? She is checking out ebay and amazon and is busy checking out other sites...but wanted to see if y'all had any suggestions. She purchased some stuff at Michaels just to get started, but soon realized that the mark up is too much and needs to go into a more wholesale way of buying. Any suggestions?

www.riogrande.com

Thanks guys. I appreciate your input. She just placed some orders yesterday and today. @ Kitn...She said, with regard to firemountaingems, "Oh man, that site is dangerous!"...LOL! I had to laugh because we all know that feeling, don't we!? She just made a few of these and they are already sold. And, more orders are coming in. We went out to run errands a little bit ago and people are asking about her jewelry. I'm very excited for her. Thanks again

My soon to be ex-wife used to place large orders from Firemountain, and sell what she didn't need/couldn't use on ebay to help feed the addiction. She had good luck buying the bulk packages that they have for cheap, sorting out the creme-de-la-creme and reselling the rest. This may help with the over priced retail of Michaels/JoAnn/etc. Also, those places' sales/coupons can help get their prices more reasonable.

Even though I sent you a message Horsescents, I wanted to answer in case others were curious. She ended up buying in bulk and bought the bracelets wholesale and they are really nice and sturdy. They slide right on your wrist...they also have a little bit of flex in them to curve slightly for smaller wrists. The balls do screw off the ends which I like since we can change out the beads and spacers if we want to.