Not sure where this goes : infused wax???

blacktieaffair

Get ready to either laugh at me for not knowing this already... and/or handing me the " what are you THINKING" award for the year!!!

Ya ever been sitting around thinking up new scent combos, and had something so totally off the wall hit you, and you wonder :" hmm can you even do that?"

Well, that just happened to me!

I have tried numerous "tea" fo's and I haven't cared for any of them. But I was thinking of new oddball combos and want/need a very light, very slight, base note of tea in it and I was wondering ..

Can you take some tea, melt your wax, steep the tea leaves gently, in a tea ball or bag... and then drain it? Would it mess the wax up chemically? Would it leave any scent at all ?

Just how bad have I lost my mind?

I have put real (the good type) tea leaves on top of melts while the wax was hot and they didn't bleed into the wax. Even over time they didn't bleed so I'm skeptical if it will infuse into the wax, however you could try a small bit on a warmer and see if it will. Mine was for decoration for the tea scents I was using.

Actually this is done, but very little scent will come through. It is usually used in candles that are used for spiritual and ritual uses. You infuse the candle with the essence of the herb and intention of the use of the candle. However the scent of the herb/herbs doesn't really come out when melting or burning. Sometimes an intense color will come through, usually greens.