Presto Pot

Does anyone know if the newer presto pots are smaller? I've had 2 for over 7 years and just ordered a new one from Southern Cross with the spigot to save my husband the time. It is way smaller and wasn't sure if they make 2 sizes or just decided to shrink the new ones??

The newer ones are smaller.

Definitely agree ... especially the ones I've seen at Wally World. When I saw how much smaller they were I got a couple of the older large ones at Yard Sales that I'm keeping as a backup.

Thanks all...Good to know Camay, since my box has been long gone and I threw out the instructions I wasn't sure what model I had. Even more disappointing is the new pot is defective and since I bought it with the spigot already in, the mfg won't do anything.

I did a search on the 06000 model and found that on Amazon for around 50.00. Then I did an Amazon search for the other models. Neither of them ( as far as I could see ) listed the capacity of the model, but, there 06000 was one pound heavier than the 06006 model that was cheaper.

That got me to thinking ( because I was wanting the capacity..) to go look on the Presto website itself at everything they offered.

Doing multiple searches, for model 06000, returned no results.

Looking under different categories, there was only :

060006 No capacity listed

06003 6qt capacity

06020 6qt capacity (stainless steel)

So, weird conclusions are... it's listed for sale with the actual model number on Amazon,(but doesn't show the capacity) but the corporate website doesn't show that model number .... so Im wondering, if they have done away with that model at corporate and Amazon is listing surplus products, and will eventually run out and us not be able to get them???

When I searched on amazon, the 06000 model was only being sold by third parties, not amazon itself. I believe, but don't know for a fact, that 06000 is being sold in surplus. And $50 is way too much!

I agree with it being too much. I think it was like $49.66 or some odd cent like that. I do know the smaller model that I got at Wally World was right at 30.00 now, and the first one I got three years ago was not quite 25. Makes me wonder if they jacked the price up on the 06000 because they are in fact on their last run of them.. hmm. I dunno !

Thanks all...Good to know Camay, since my box has been long gone and I threw out the instructions I wasn't sure what model I had. Even more disappointing is the new pot is defective and since I bought it with the spigot already in, the mfg won't do anything.

kandlekrazy....I'm not sure if your problem is the same I had but my original Presto get to the point it wasn't heating much and was leaking around the prongs. Picked up a new one and switched the cords. The new cord made my old Presto work fine and the old cord works perfect on the new Presto.

As far as the news ones being smaller, that is what I'm finding here too at Walmart and Kmart.

Maybe that 6003 is the replacement for 6000, going to check mine and see how many quarts it is. The new one is def not 6 qt. I hate that most sites only give dimensions and even then I'm not sure if they are measuring the handles in the measurement or I could compare that way. I guess we all needed just one more frustration in our businesses.