I'm In Glass Glow Hell

Okay I'm ready to completely give up on trying to use this wax. I am using 12 ounce status jar & 8 ounce jelly jars glass glow from CS & 5% FO. I have tested with the wicks suggested by CS & have even wicked down but the glasses get so freaking hot you can not touch them.

The 8 ounce jj I'm testing an Eco 8 The burn is pretty good but again the jar gets so hot especially on one side that you can't touch it. I tried an Eco 6 but not big enough to get to the edge of the jars.

I have tried everything I can think of to keep these wicks from curling with no luck. I am cutting the wicks down to where there is just enough of the wick left to light.

I'm pulling my hair out on this I love the wax & want to be able to sell a candle that isn't going to burn a blister if they touch the glass.:angry2:

I am actually having more luck with HTP wicks in the glass glow, especially in my 9oz status jars. I know they won't get a wide enough melt pool for the 12 oz jars, but that's OK for me, since I'm not carrying them at this point. I do notice that it leaves a ring of wax around the outside until it burns further down. It then melts off without a problem. The glass is also fairly warm, but not enough to burn you after about 3 hours burn time.

Okay I'm ready to completely give up on trying to use this wax. I am using 12 ounce status jar & 8 ounce jelly jars glass glow from CS & 5% FO. I have tested with the wicks suggested by CS & have even wicked down but the glasses get so freaking hot you can not touch them.

The 8 ounce jj I'm testing an Eco 8 The burn is pretty good but again the jar gets so hot especially on one side that you can't touch it. I tried an Eco 6 but not big enough to get to the edge of the jars.

I have tried everything I can think of to keep these wicks from curling with no luck. I am cutting the wicks down to where there is just enough of the wick left to light.

I'm pulling my hair out on this I love the wax & want to be able to sell a candle that isn't going to burn a blister if they touch the glass.:angry2:

From everything I've read about glass glow, it's supposed to leave a thin shell of colored wax on the jar until it's burned pretty far down into the container, and the look of the flame glowing through the shell of colored wax with the pretty patterns is what people love about it. Also, most on here seem to like the CDN or CD, and since the CD and HTP are basically the same wick, it makes sense that the HTP would work well.

CSN wicks from CandleScience work the best for me. The 8 oz jelly is easily wicked. The 12 oz Status is a beast. Most FO's need a double wick, a few work OK with a single wick, and some do not work with either.

I am testing some 3" granite palm pillars with csn 11, 12, and 14 and although they are burning like crazy. CS recommended the 11 and 14 and I thought I would throw one in the middle to cover my bases but all of them are burning slightly erratic now that the candles have burned down some. This is my first experience with the csn series and they seem to have a rather large stalk height and was just wondering if that could be contributing to the extra heat and flames that are doing the jig. Sorry for the hijack:)

I am testing some 3" granite palm pillars with csn 11, 12, and 14 and although they are burning like crazy. CS recommended the 11 and 14 and I thought I would throw one in the middle to cover my bases but all of them are burning slightly erratic now that the candles have burned down some. This is my first experience with the csn series and they seem to have a rather large stalk height and was just wondering if that could be contributing to the extra heat and flames that are doing the jig. Sorry for the hijack:)

I'm not sure could be very possible. I do know the flame is all over the place & higher than I am really comfortable with. However I relit the jelly jar with the Eco 6 this morning & it's already reallt on one side of the jar. I just don't freaking understand it. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by ladysj