Sodium lactate

It helps make a harder bar of soap imo, and can cut sooner. I personally don't make soap without it. It helps to minimize shrinkage in bars and may help the bar last a bit longer in the shower.SL also makes for a smoother pour when making hp soap, makes it look more like cp. I really do like it and it doesn't take much. I add about 2 T per 4lb. batch and just mix it in with the lye water solution.

It's also a "bubble booster". I just made my first batches of Hot Process with it at 2% and I'm sold. Instead of spooning thick mashed potatoes into the molds it actually poured!! The bars cut brilliantly the next morning and I'm using some scrap patties after just a week and they are 1.)hard and 2.)extreme bubbles!! I mean bubbles like a long cure.

I'll be buying it from now on for sure.

It's also a "bubble booster". I just made my first batches of Hot Process with it at 2% and I'm sold. Instead of spooning thick mashed potatoes into the molds it actually poured!! The bars cut brilliantly the next morning and I'm using some scrap patties after just a week and they are 1.)hard and 2.)extreme bubbles!! I mean bubbles like a long cure.

I'll be buying it from now on for sure.

Actually, the opposite. In a recent swap we tested 25 additives in the same base formula. Sodium Lactate had some of the worst scores. The SL samples lathered worse than the control samples. Plus, it makes a lot of people, including me, itch.

Actually, the opposite. In a recent swap we tested 25 additives in the same base formula. Sodium Lactate had some of the worst scores. The SL samples lathered worse than the control samples. Plus, it makes a lot of people, including me, itch.

It makes me itch also.