Alternative To Ellipso Souffle Cups?

I am so bummed...just went to order these portion cups and was told they have been discontinued from the manufacturer.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for replacing them other than the standard round ones from sams or walmart?

I get them from the webstaurant store as well. I normally order the 1 ounce cups and when I went to order them yesterday I got an email stating they didn't have enough in the warehouses to fill my order. I havent had that happen before so I called them to check on when I could expect them and she told me that they were being discontinued by the manufacturer. So after I got off the phone I checked the website and sure enough they had been taken off but the 2 ounce cups were still there so I ordered them. Thought everything was fine until I got another email again stating they didn't have enough to fill my order. I didn't get a chance to call them about this but I'm scared now that these too are going to be discontinued.

I will keep you all posted when I get in touch with them :)

Good news. I just got off the phone with them and they said that the 1 ounce has been discontinued but the 2 ounce has not....its just out of stock. I am in desperate need of these so I hope they get them in quickly.

Does anyone know of another good place to purchase these?

Say it ain't so!!! These are great little containers for melts. And, for inexpensive samples. Guess I'll have to go with the 2 oz, bummer. I'm with you Paul and Lorelei, haven't found a label yet that sticks very well to them either on the lid or on the side. Haven't tried a waterproof label yet. I have a hard time getting those off the sheet. Maybe they would stay better.

I've been in contact with The WebRestaurantStore and they say they have enough of the Ellipso (oval) other sizes (2oz and up) and are expecting another shipment soon.

The 1oz clear oval are discontinued by the manufacturer. They have some 1oz black oval in stock ... but they haven't been able to tell me if the manufacturer is discontinuing them also. I have contacted the manufacturer and they will call me back on Monday. I'm hoping to talk them into doing one last run so those of us who need them can stock up. If they are willing to do a last run I'll get the minimum number and maybe we can do a co-op.

Keep your fingers crossed ....

Did we find out anything? If we don't end up being able to get the 1 oz anymore I am thinking of saving some portion cups to pour some "testers" in but how would you package them without the cup? Would it be worth it even? These were so great to put in as freebies! Hate they are dc'ing them.

I did a LOT of searching for online vendors who might still have the clear 1 oz. ellipso's in stock and this was the only one I could find:

http://www.foodservicefiresale.com/Ellipso_1_oz_Clear_Oval_Plastic_Portion_Cups_p/nwse1001.htm

But they don't have the lids so I bet that is why they haven't sold out yet. You can get the lids from webstraurant.com so if you really wanted to stock up on what appears to be the last of the batch, you have an option.

• 2 weeks later...

Well dang, thanks for trying so hard Judy.

Is there another product/type and label that you recommend for these scent shots? I keep reading that people have issues with finding labels, and then with getting them to actually stick. Just like with everyone else , I have limited funds to mess with, and I'd be devastated if I bought something that wouldn't work for various reasons, and, that I couldn't return.

I simply love these cups they are perfect for us, hate we are losing them. I'm using them for everything too even organization! Oh well. I'll still carry the clear 2 oz ones. I may just make samples and package them in another way as "freebies"

Supposedly there is a round polypro (Recycle code 5) that is the traditional round shape and is clear. I have yet to find out if the cap is also polypro or another type of plastic. It is very clear so I suspect it may be a 6. More info to come next week ...