First Beer Soap

In honor of St. Florian's Feast Day, I made my first beer soap. Used a local beer called Sweetwater Blue. It's a pale ale that is made with blueberries. Used an EO blend of Lime, Cedar and a little dark patch. Behaved very well for me and I finally stopped with the SB at just the right time. Was planning on doing a textured top but decided to practice the top swirl since it was still so fluid. Thanks for looking.

4l61ih.jpg

21or6th.jpg

Thank you everyone!! I'm excited to see how the cut bars turn out as well. Everything went smoothly and I mentally prepared for all the things that go wrong with using beer as the liquid. Didn't really plan anything complicated with color because it can move fast because of the sugars. But, it behaved very nicely for me. And, I finally stopped stick blending at just the right time so I had time to play with swirlies.

jeanie, the copper color is Bronze d'Or mica from the Conservatorie. I mixed up a little in case I had some time to do an ITPS. Also did a little pearl mica to put a little on top before I textured. Hopefully, the soap will stay a nice ivory or light tan color and the swirls in the soap will be visible. Soap is in the fridge doing it's thing. Going to leave it there until tomorrow to make sure it is good and set.

Yes I have, just haven't had time to take and post pics. Last week was one of the weeks at my day job. We had some problems in a couple of our applications that took quite a bit of time to fix. I'd start at 0700 and wouldn't stop sometimes until around 2300. Every so often I would take a break and do a quick look through here. Unfortunately, when you write and support applications, it can mean some long hours when the wheels fall off.

I have been admiring all the pretty soapies everyone has made lately. And, definitely watching your ABS thread. Will work on getting some pics today. Need to clean my house...*shudder*

Ok, here are pics of the cut soap. Sorry it isn't very good. Definitely needed to use more of the EO blend, but it turned out very nice.

10mohw1.jpg

Since I was taking pics, here are a few of my other soaps. The first is an unscented Goat's Milk; the second is my Green Bay themed soap for family in Wisconsin, it's scented with Southern Soapers Persian Limewood; the third is a yogurt soap with Rose Clay in the base with Scentworks Fine Young Cannabis. Thanks for looking.

5xq5qe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...