Which additives?

lmc

I just won a gift certificate from Soapies Supplies (theyre local for me) :yay: I was planning on playing with m&p this summer so off to a great start :grin2: However, dont have a clue as to where to start...so if you were me..what 2 or 3 oils would you suggest and maybe a butter to add to soap base? Thought I would start with their basic white base (I believe its SFIC) and go from there...TIA

Love that thread! I want to make goatsmilk Oatmeal & Honey...I already ordered and received from Peak their goatsmilk base, goatsmilk soap tray mold, & Wild Mtn Honey fo...since I won gift cert., thought I would also try the white base. I dont want to order too much until I know what the heck Im doing but thought a few oils and maybe a butter would make a better bar snd be more fun to play with...so Im open to suggestions...tia

If you have some oatmeal and honey in your kitchen cupboards you are all set. Just grind your oatmeal up to a fine flour. Add 1 tbs of ground oatmeal, and 1 tbs of honey per lb of base. Add it to your melted base so you can incorporate the honey and oatmeal. You will love real oatmeal, milk, and honey soap. Its one of my favs!

Ooh, poppyseed and the vanilla sound nice! Just wondering if I should order some castor oil and glycerin to add and maybe a bit of shea since I do have a free gift cert. :confused:

Ooh, poppyseed and the vanilla sound nice! Just wondering if I should order some castor oil and glycerin to add and maybe a bit of shea since I do have a free gift cert. :confused:

I use all 3 of those (not neccessarily in the same recipe) in my M&P - yes!!

I found castor does help with bubbles/lather and another idea for oatmeal, if you are interested is to soak it overnight in enough water to have some milk left after the oatmeal has absorbed it. So far, none of mine have been scratchy at all with whole oats doing it that way. Put a couple T of the oatmeal milk right in with the M&P and once it is in the mold, you can drizzle in (more like drop lightly) the soaked oats.