LiquaScent fragrances?

classiccandle

Never heard of them either. They have a lot of interesting sounding FOs, and good prices. It says they are in NJ, which is not too far for me.

Thanks for posting this.

Edited by Camay

Their website looks oddly familiar to another I've visited. Same color, same images... Are they new? I could have sworn I've seen this exact website before, but with a different company name. Makes me suspicious, but I doubt it's anything fishy. Probably just a similar site template. Nice selection of stuff! I'm interested in learning how this thread develops. I need a new supplier and their prices are pretty good!

Edited by rctfavr3

I figured as much...I just like stiring up trouble! :cheesy2: All kidding aside, I hope they are because I'm ordering! It looks like that have some really good prices and a great selection of fragrances. Good to know about the rec from FCF! Here goes nothing.

Edited by rctfavr3

Their FO's are for candles only, no mention of B & B safe. Their UV inhibitor you need to buy both and mix your own and they actually don't say how much you get for the price, probably 1 oz.? Nice site, but I'll pass thanks!! :cool2:

I'm wondering how long they have been around? There are a few odd things (like what ChrisR mentioned, and some FOs you can only get in 1 oz size) that make me think they are in the midst of getting up and going. Maybe in a few weeks everything will be ironed out. We will see.

I get a few page load errors and it seems most of the fragrance descriptions are still listed with "Type a description for this product here..." It might still be under construction!?

I haven't gotten any page load errors but yesterday I too was getting a lot of "Type a description for this product here..." pages but not today. I thought the same thing about it possibly being under construction. I emailed them yesterday and Gary emailed me back with answers to my questions. I have to say he answered back pretty quick and we've been going back and forth today. So far I'm impressed with their communication. I use 415 wax and he said their fragrances work well with Golden Brands (I'm sure you can take that with a grain of salt). I'm going to order some samples and see. If I remember I'll post the results and if I don't remember to would you kindly remind me?

I ordered 14 samples yesterday. Prices seem good...for now...if they are just starting that may change. $1.49 per 1oz sample is amazing these days! Placed another order for samples from another company yesterday at $2.75 each...yikes! Almost just cancelled it before finalizing.

I haven't gotten any page load errors but yesterday I too was getting a lot of "Type a description for this product here..." pages but not today. I thought the same thing about it possibly being under construction. I emailed them yesterday and Gary emailed me back with answers to my questions. I have to say he answered back pretty quick and we've been going back and forth today. So far I'm impressed with their communication. I use 415 wax and he said their fragrances work well with Golden Brands (I'm sure you can take that with a grain of salt). I'm going to order some samples and see. If I remember I'll post the results and if I don't remember to would you kindly remind me?

I'll remind you! :laugh2: Thanks CC.

Edited by rctfavr3

A quick read through on some of their scent descriptions leads me to believe most of the FOs come from Save on Scents, and Natures Garden.

I seriously doubt their oils come from SOS or NG. I know for a fact that they carry French Color and Fragrance Co., oils. Most suppliers such as SOS, NG, and LiquaScent buy oils directly from the manufacturer to resell not from each other. Maybe they just borrowed some of the descriptions from those sites instead?

I seriously doubt their oils come from SOS or NG. I know for a fact that they carry French Color and Fragrance Co., oils. Most suppliers such as SOS, NG, and LiquaScent buy oils directly from the manufacturer to resell not from each other. Maybe they just borrowed some of the descriptions from those sites instead?

I agree. They have to many scents that neither SOS or NG carries.

That's probable, but if that is the case, then the descriptions of the FOs may be innaccurate to the fragrance listed. I know for certain that their beer FO comes from SOS as they are the only supplier that makes a "lite beer" fragrance, unless it has since been duped.

As to their other oils, I can only assume that the description were pulled from various locations. Having not tried them I won't make an argument one way or another until I actually test them.

That's probable, but if that is the case, then the descriptions of the FOs may be innaccurate to the fragrance listed. I know for certain that their beer FO comes from SOS as they are the only supplier that makes a "lite beer" fragrance, unless it has since been duped.

As to their other oils, I can only assume that the description were pulled from various locations. Having not tried them I won't make an argument one way or another until I actually test them.

Just remembered SOS is a manufacturer so it's possible.

OOB review:

All in clear glass bottles double sealed with white electrical tape. Bubblewrapped and packed in box with peanuts. Box gt dented pretty bad by FedX but all oils were intact.

Pumpkin Chai - OMG! Not strong Pumpkin; but delicious.

Falling Leaves - Leaves, musky scent. Nice!

Tabacco & Cedar - definitley cedar in this. I don't detect the mandarin. I like it.

Bird of Paradise - nice floral. more florally than Peaks I think. Nice

Peppermint Bark - Chocolate! Not my thing; but if you love Choc fragrance.

Fireside - Balsam. my customers will love this.

Lemon Parsley - Really really nice lemon! The parsley helps tone down the sharpness of lemon.

Mums and Marigolds - smells like I'm working in my garden. ok scent

Pineapple Cilantro - Interesting Pineapple. Wondering how it will come alive in wax.

Water Lilies - My mind was thinking Water Blssom when I bought so was surprised; but pleasantly so. Nice delicate floral!

Sweet Mandarin & Chili Pepper - I have waited so long to try this scent. I can't detect chili pepper. on the fence about this one.

Apricot Freesia - Loved this from Fillmore; but couldn't get HT. This one smells stronger and maybe a bit more freesia. Not sure I still have the Fillmore sample to compare.

Mistletoe & Fig - I love this! Can't wait for wax.

Grapefruit Verbena - I hate verbena but I like this one. Reminds me of an herbal spa (hahaha- like I have ever had one).

Sunflower - don't know...can't get the bottle open. LOL!

Hmmmm....I order April 30th and recieved May 5th. I would call them.

I emailed Gary on May 2nd and he said it's usually 2-3 days before the oils ship from their warehouse. Friday was 3 days and still no shipment. For me, if CS and Peak's can ship as fast as they do then there's no reason why LiquaScents can't do the same. I did email Gary today voicing my displeasure with the time it takes them to ship. Probably won't fix anything but at least he now knows how I feel.