What to do when a business has the same name as yours but 1 letter off

mindy5140

They have an etsy page but not a .com. They just started etsy and I did etsy in 2009 but don't have anything recent on it. What are my options?? I spell Candles with a K and they spell candles with a C that's the only difference between them. It's just to close for comfort. I've been in business for 7 years using that name.

Dang it no, I'm not trademarked.. I guess it really shouldn't bother me at all our logos aren't the same it's kinda funny though when I first started out I had almost the identical logo though but thought it was to scary looking so I changed it. I do think I'm going to trademark my name.

Can you trademark a logo?

I don't have that domain either, I just have the one with a K. I just checked it's going to go up for Auction you best bet I'm going to be bidding on that one.

I am not sure if you can make them change their company name if you get yours trademarked after they started their business. I would suggest talking to a lawyer to see what your options are since trademarking is fairly expensive.

Good Luck,

Kim

What they've done is perfectly legal. There isn't a thing you can do about it.

If you want to safe on the web, you could buy the domain name the way they spell it, which would prevent them from having a website with a name too close for comfort.

And it's also a good idea to spell your name correctly and the way most people would spell it if they were doing a search. Candles is spelled with a "C", not a "K". They win!