Candle Chem favorites?

rctfavr3

Same here :( I got taper molds from them but never tried the FOs... Im sorry we aren't much more help ! I'm sure there are some on here that have used them. Hang loose a few days and see what responses you get!

They have a huge selection of FOs. I can litterally get 90-95% of everything I need. So I was hoping for some reviews, recomendations, etc. I'll wait. ;) Thanks for the replies.

I tried a few samples from them about 5 years ago and not one was strong enough for me. If they've gotten better since then I would have no clue and I'm not willing to give them any more of my money to find out. :cool2:

Candle Chem is 1 of my top suppliers.

He is great to work with too.

I have asked him to sell me bigger bottles before and he has.

He also ships fast.

I have many fav scents from him, my list would be very long.

Off the top of my head here are my all time fav..

Cucumber Melon ( the best)

Keylime pie

English Ivy

Creamsicle

Black Rose (awesome)

Almond Cherry (reminds me of a cherry tootsie pop yum)

PAPAYA MANGO

cool water

Cherry Blossom (light, but nice)

Coconut lime verbena ( strong on lime but very good)

honeydew melon

Pink Grapefruit ( true to scent..Awesome)

uuug

I could keep going.

LOL Really give them a shot.

You can message me and ask me about certain scents you want to try, and if I tried them I will let you know....:grin2:

Candle Chem is great for dyes, molds, additives, and some tools. And the guy that runs the place, Arnie, is super nice. He ships fast.

However, I have to agree with ChrisR about the FOs. From 2006 to 2008 I tried 60 different FOs, and was not hugely impressed. I would not go so far as to say they were bad, just not incredibly strong, and not all that interesting. They sure do have a lot of them though!

They are within driving distance for me, and I really wish they had great FOs...

Candle Chem is great for dyes, molds, additives, and some tools. And the guy that runs the place, Arnie, is super nice. He ships fast.

However, I have to agree with ChrisR about the FOs. From 2006 to 2008 I tried 60 different FOs, and was not hugely impressed. I would not go so far as to say they were bad, just not incredibly strong, and not all that interesting. They sure do have a lot of them though!

They are within driving distance for me, and I really wish they had great FOs...

I'm shocked to hear this. maybe I was lucky with what I chose.

There are a few light 1's, so I just went to another supplier for what I needed then.

He even had the dead on scent I needed for my buck lure candles.

But also every ones noses are different too.

I know my blueberry muffin scent will only come from AH and my pink peppercorn from just scents.

No one has ever come close for those.

Trial and error.

Stinks we can't get all our scents from just 1 supplier, but it just don't work that way.

But yes Arnie is awesome to work with..

Have you tried them since? I'm about to place an order for a few. I do hope they've improved.

Wow, they seem to have a lot of earthy-green scents! Clover, Cucumber, Herbal Moss, Fresh Grass, Evergreen, Pine needles, Cucumber and Ivy, Oak moss, Patch, etc. Geez.

Has anyone ordered any of those? If so which ones?

Edited by rctfavr3

Candle Chem is 1 of my top suppliers.

He is great to work with too.

I have asked him to sell me bigger bottles before and he has.

He also ships fast.

I have many fav scents from him, my list would be very long.

Off the top of my head here are my all time fav..

Cucumber Melon ( the best)

Keylime pie

English Ivy

Creamsicle

Black Rose (awesome)

Almond Cherry (reminds me of a cherry tootsie pop yum)

PAPAYA MANGO

cool water

Cherry Blossom (light, but nice)

Coconut lime verbena ( strong on lime but very good)

honeydew melon

Pink Grapefruit ( true to scent..Awesome)

uuug

I could keep going.

LOL Really give them a shot.

You can message me and ask me about certain scents you want to try, and if I tried them I will let you know....:grin2:

Didn't see "English Ivy" on the site. I hope Candle Chem didn't discontinue it. I'm in need of a good "English Ivy" I've been looking for replacement ever since Filmore Containers stopped selling their version.

It looks like CC does have a Cucumber & Ivy. I'll see if that's similar.

Wow, they seem to have a lot of earthy-green scents! Clover, Cucumber, Herbal Moss, Fresh Grass, Evergreen, Pine needles, Cucumber and Ivy, Oak moss, Patch, etc. Geez.

Has anyone ordered any of those? If so which ones?

I used to order from them frequently, but have decreased a lot of my orders from them recently. Mostly because I'm pursuing other things/scents just now. That said, some of their earthy scents are good, others are very "chemically" for lack of a better term. I didn't care for their Pine needles. I do love their patchouli. The others you listed aren't any that I have tried. New Mown Hay was good though.

Some of their bakery scents were good, but just didn't blend well in paraffin. Also, some of their florals don't make it. Things like "Orange blossom" and a few others are downright nasty to me. Their plumeria gave me a headache too. Most of the fruit smells are right on. And if you like "clean" scents, try out "Clean Cotton" from them. Smells nothing like dryer sheets, but is yummy.

I used to order from them frequently, but have decreased a lot of my orders from them recently. Mostly because I'm pursuing other things/scents just now. That said, some of their earthy scents are good, others are very "chemically" for lack of a better term. I didn't care for their Pine needles. I do love their patchouli. The others you listed aren't any that I have tried. New Mown Hay was good though.

Some of their bakery scents were good, but just didn't blend well in paraffin. Also, some of their florals don't make it. Things like "Orange blossom" and a few others are downright nasty to me. Their plumeria gave me a headache too. Most of the fruit smells are right on. And if you like "clean" scents, try out "Clean Cotton" from them. Smells nothing like dryer sheets, but is yummy.

Your reviews sound promising. Though, I'm hoping that "chemically" here means that the scents are overly strong. Otherwise, I'm worried as to what that meaning...means. I'd hate for them to smell caustic, like bleach or other cleaning chemicals. That characteristic is a common plague to some herbal-green fragrances I've tried. But, it's usually muted once soaped or candled. I'm hoping this is the case.

Not a big fan of florals, but that's good to know. Did you happen to try any ocean-sea scents?

I am driving distance to them too but have only tried a few scents a long time ago when I did only candles because I don't have time to check with him on every scent to see if it is body safe so I just didn't bother going forward. The one I do remember being really good was strawberry margarita. That was YUMMY!

If he would just do something to designate which are body safe I would have totally ordered more from him (put an "*" next to the body safe ones on the list!) because they have Saturday AM hours and it would have been worth the ride for me to save the shipping.

He does get the shipments out lightening fast. I have ordered other supplies mid afternoon and had them the next day (I live in the same state). The one thing I have noticed is that for some reason his stuff is slightly cheaper on ebay. If I need only one thing I usually go that route because it saves me a little $ but he doesn't always have everything listed on ebay. If you are ordering you may want to check it both ways.

Edited by mparadise

Your reviews sound promising. Though, I'm hoping that "chemically" here means that the scents are overly strong. Otherwise, I'm worried as to what that meaning...means. I'd hate for them to smell caustic, like bleach or other cleaning chemicals. That characteristic is a common plague to some herbal-green fragrances I've tried. But, it's usually muted once soaped or candled. I'm hoping this is the case.

Not a big fan of florals, but that's good to know. Did you happen to try any ocean-sea scents?

I don't know exactly how to describe what I mean by "chemically" in other terms.... Hmmm... You ever smell something and it leave almost a soapy "taste" in your mouth from the smell? It's something similar to that. I almost always taste what I smell. If the smell "tastes" right, I kinda know it's going to be good. If it has that other taste to it (No, I promise I'm not licking the bottles) it just doesn't quite make it.

Some of the florals rock, like their English Lavender. Their Rose smells like the "canned" rose that you find in a lot of soaps and lotions. Their orange blossom smells a lot like our citrus candle cleaner, but with that soapy undertone.

I didn't care for their sea breeze, but I can say the same about most of the ocean/sea scents out on the market. It smells more like the perfume type to me. (I'll admit, I tried it right after coming back from a trip to San Diego, so I had been smelling the actual ocean, and it so didn't compare.)

I don't know exactly how to describe what I mean by "chemically" in other terms.... Hmmm... You ever smell something and it leave almost a soapy "taste" in your mouth from the smell? It's something similar to that. I almost always taste what I smell. If the smell "tastes" right, I kinda know it's going to be good. If it has that other taste to it (No, I promise I'm not licking the bottles) it just doesn't quite make it.

Some of the florals rock, like their English Lavender. Their Rose smells like the "canned" rose that you find in a lot of soaps and lotions. Their orange blossom smells a lot like our citrus candle cleaner, but with that soapy undertone.

I didn't care for their sea breeze, but I can say the same about most of the ocean/sea scents out on the market. It smells more like the perfume type to me. (I'll admit, I tried it right after coming back from a trip to San Diego, so I had been smelling the actual ocean, and it so didn't compare.)

Oh! Thanks for further clarifying. I definitely don't want anything "soapy" - realism is vitally important. I wonder if it's the base he's using to make his FOs? This is discouraging news. I'm pretty sure I understand your meaning; I also evaluate scents often on their aromatic "taste". Generally if it leaves a sudsy powder smell or a cleaner like accord that I can almost taste in the air...I won't buy it again. I'll have to try a few and see how it goes. I really hope they've improved. And yeah I agree; why is it so difficult trying to find a true ocean scent?!

Edited by rctfavr3