peak's

jackie

I've been doing CP but decided just to try one of Peak's MP bases with my f/o order. I'm not sure I understand about the "sweating"--does it do that if it can breathe? I want a white base and was debating between the low sweat white base or the shea butter or maybe it needs to be half/half? Any suggestions?

I use the low sweat cp like white base. I put it in an organza bag with a hangtag label. Regular melt and pour base has to be wrapped tight or it can sweat...little beads of water will show.

I add Shea Aloe Butter, oils and honey to my base. Have not had any problems.

You don't need a low sweat base unless you have problems with extreme heat and humidity. For example selling during summer in an outdoor craft show or market with 90+ humidity and 100+ degrees F.

I've always used basic white and sell tons of soap outdoors every summer. The only time I have had 'sweat' on my M&P soaps is during the very hottest, humid, summer days. Maybe just a few days out of the summer. Then you can just remelt the soap and make new ones.

Be careful in choosing your base. Not all low sweat bases are the same and some don't lather as well as others. More often than not all you need is a good basic white base.