HELP with a scent blend

jackbenimble

I make a candle called Garden in the Fall. I love the name and don't want to stop making it. My current scent blend for this is Tomato leaf, sage, rosemary and oakmoss. It's not a huge seller for me and I'd like to tweak the blend some or even change it all together to make it appealing to a broader range of customers. I'm just not sure what to do for the blend or where to start if I change it all together.

I would love any help or suggestions from any of you guys. Thanks so much!!

Update- was searching and found these scent blends. What do you think?

TOMATO LEAF BLEND 1

1 part Cucumber Melon

1 part Tomato Leaf

TOMATO LEAF BLEND 2

1 part Mango Mango!

1 part Tomato Leaf

TOMATO LEAF BLEND 3

1 part English Rose

1 part Tomato Leaf

1 part Gardenia

Edited by jackbenimble

Pumpkin patchouli? I can't even imagine what that would smell like, lol. Where's it from?

Just Scents. It has little spice to it.

Just scent's description of "Pumpkin Patch-ouli"

"If you like pumpkin and you like patchouli - you will love this oil!

A fabulous blend of pumpkin, patchouli, cinnamon and nutmeg with hints of orange and nut."

Edited by rctfavr3

Just Scents. It has little spice to it.

Just scent's description of "Pumpkin Patch-ouli"

"If you like pumpkin and you like patchouli - you will love this oil!

A fabulous blend of pumpkin, patchouli, cinnamon and nutmeg with hints of orange and nut."

I just checked their website and I didn't see it. If you can post the link that would be helpful.

Thanks everybody for your help so far.

I just checked their website and I didn't see it. If you can post the link that would be helpful.

Thanks everybody for your help so far.

Oh. It looks like it's been discontinued. :( Talk to Becky over at JS. Maybe she has a little left over, or will bring it back in the fall. I'm actually surprised that no other company sells it because I thought it was a great FO, especially for Patchouli nuts like me! If all else fails, you might could do a 40/60 mix of pumpkin and patchouli FOs.

Edited by rctfavr3

Sounds REAL good to me! Hmm, I think I might want some "Garden in the Fall"! I'll take a sample ounce please!

I don't think it will, but just incase that apple scent makes the whole blend "tasty" for lack of better word, you can always add a litt "patch" or "dirt" FO

to bring it back to the garden! I think you got a good blend going though! Lot of herbs in there that blend. Apple and herbs always work!

Edited by rctfavr3

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks rctfavr3!

I am think about this blend- tomato leaf, rosemary, fresh apple, with juniper sage. Any thoughts?

I just have been thinking about this one still and blacktie affair got me looking at the BCN website and I found a sage and pepper leaf FO.

Tomato leaf, rosemary, fresh apple, juniper, oakmoss, and sage pepperleaf.

I also have some oakmoss that I think will be nice in it as well. Not sure about how much of each I'm going to do yet.

Sage Pepper leaf sounds awesome. I like the whole combonation. I can't wait to hear how the experimenting goes. Keep us posted. I think I'm going to like this one.

Yikes...combination, combination.

Hooked on Phonics didn't work for me! :grin2:

I like the alliteration but not necessarily "Grandpa" in the name. When I think of a "grandpa", It invokes the imagery of an old man smelling of pipe tobacco. I'd hate for anyone else to think that. I doubt they would, but my mind always goes off on those weird tangents. Hmm? Maybe an Aunt something-or-other!? Farmer's Market, Aunt Ginny's Garden, Garden of Eatin' (JOKE) IDK.

Edited by rctfavr3

I like the alliteration but not necessarily "Grandpa" in the name. When I think of a "grandpa", It invokes the imagery of an old man smelling of pipe tobacco. I'd hate for anyone else to think that. I doubt they would, but my mind always goes off on those weird tangents. Hmm? Maybe an Aunt something-or-other!? Farmer's Market, Aunt Ginny's Garden, Garden of Eatin' (JOKE) IDK?

I like the Aunt Ginny's Garden but I want to have a story behind it so I might change the name to Miss Hester's Garden. That was my partners grandmothers name.

I like the Aunt Ginny's Garden but I want to have a story behind it so I might change the name to Miss Hester's Garden. That was my partners grandmothers name.

yep...that's a good one!

Edited by rctfavr3

• 2 weeks later...